Dropped my D10
Aug 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

raymondu999

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. Earlier on today my heart broke when I dropped my D10.
frown.gif
It was on the table and I accidentally snagged a cable (I don't remember which) and it fell to the ground, flat, landing on it's belly. so far everything seems to be working fine, but is there reason for me to worry? THanks!!

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 12
I would not worry about it unless you start hearing the music dropping out or changes in volume. As a precaution you may wish to install small rubber feet on the bottom of the D10 to prevent it from sliding when on top of hard surfaces. These rubber feet can be found for cheap at Radio Shack or equivalent. Good luck.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 12
You could open it and make sure the opamps are seated in the sockets but other than hitting on the volume control, it most likely is fine. It is a solid amp with everything held securely in place.

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 12
Normally the regular QC testing in a factory have the "free drop“ testing item.

Which is let the player free drop (without push hard strength) to a wooden board from 1 meter higher place. So if your D10 have no problem with the droping currently, that means it will no need to worry too much about it.

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #9 of 12
I just don't get why this thread was made if you didn't have a problem in the first place honestly.

Aug 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #10 of 12
I would not worry too much, unless it starts to act weird. Channel drop-outs, noise, or like.
Chances are high that it did not take any damage, as there are few moving parts in there.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #11 of 12
yeah; unless you were really unlucky, dropping it in any way that doesnt mean it landed on the volume pot is pretty safe. as long as you dont make a habit of it
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't get why this thread was made if you didn't have a problem in the first place honestly.

To some of us $300 USD is a lot of money, and to me it is normal to worry if the unit was affected when dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back