DROP + THX Panda Announcement
Jan 29, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #166 of 767
Thanks Will! That’s awesome. I also see that the Pandas are made in Taiwan?

I wonder if it’s possible to ship them directly to me since I currently reside in Taiwan. Well, I know typically you guys need to get these shipments to your warehouse first before shipping so I also understand if that’s not possible at all.

Panda is being manufactured in Taiwan, but sadly no, we can't fulfill directly from the factory. Appreciate your interest in Panda!

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #167 of 767
We don't charge for reviews, videos, or measurements. We have sold ads at the start of one or two Head-Fi TV videos several years ago, and maybe we will again someday (as we still get asked about that) -- those ads were very obviously ads that started the video. We were once contacted by a huge, well-known international company to give them a quote to produce a sponsored-content video. We responded with a quote, but that project didn't happen (though they did run a brief ad campaign on Head-Fi).

All that said, Drop is a Head-Fi Sponsor, and, like all companies you see listed on our Sponsors page, they pay Head-Fi for Sponsorship and advertising. This video, however, was not a paid video, nor was it a component of Drop's Sponsorship or advertising.

Hi Jude,

Any chance you could include the Harman Target 2018 to the measurements so we can see how close the Panda is to it?

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #168 of 767
@jude Have you considered HWA (or LHDC) from https://www.hwa-lhdc.org/ .. Supposedly it is supposed to be equal to if not surpassing LDAC in quality. The HifiMan Ananda also supports it ... Some DAPs (FiiO M11 / M11 PRO) support HWA in their players ..

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #169 of 767
“Extremely” comfortable? I would not say the Panda’s are extremely comfortable.

However Panda’s are more comfortable than I expected, there is a slight clamp force at the bottom of the ear, but it did not irritate me.

The only pair of headphones that really come to mind for extreme comfort are Bose 700’s.
As much as people love to hate on Bose, they make some of the most comfortable headphones that I've ever worn.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #170 of 767
Yeah, those Bose 700 are really nice. Tried them on in store recently.

Just wish they supported more Bluetooth codecs. Great for iOS users with AAC.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #171 of 767
Yeah, those Bose 700 are really nice. Tried them on in store recently.

Just wish they supported more Bluetooth codecs. Great for iOS users with AAC.

To be fair and honest, I did goto Best Buy the day after listening to the Panda to compare with the Bose 700 and Sony WH1000XM3 since I felt these were direct competitors.
The Panda sounds much better than both of them IMO.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #172 of 767
To be fair and honest, I did goto Best Buy the day after listening to the Panda to compare with the Bose 700 and Sony WH1000XM3 since I felt these were direct competitors.
The Panda sounds much better than both of them IMO.

Not surprising, ANC headphones aren't really audiophile grade. Audeze Mobius might be better competition or the Beyer Amiron wireless

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #174 of 767
Got a weird question about this pair of headphones. Could I stream two sources two it at once? Like my DAP and my PS4 so I could listen to some tunes while I grind in game?

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #176 of 767
Well, Linus seems to like them.

Take his reviews with a grain of salt. He's someone who literally started crying when he heard Abyss headphones.

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #177 of 767
Take his reviews with a grain of salt. He's someone who literally started crying when he heard Abyss headphones.
What?! You didn't cry when you heard the Abyss?! You heartless animal! How could you!

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #178 of 767
Besides my distaste for ASR and measurement supremacists, it’s a perfectly fine rave review.

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #179 of 767
Jan 30, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #180 of 767

Users who are viewing this thread

Back