Driving the Sony MDR-EX71SL's & First Impressions
Apr 28, 2003 at 12:08 PM Post #16 of 22
"I can't help but notice that the midrange is massively improved on the 71s compared to the 70s... "

That's true duncan..but just wondering..do you think the 71 is better than the mx500s in the mids and highs? i really enjoy my mx500..so clear and transparent!

Apr 28, 2003 at 5:55 PM Post #17 of 22
xcalibur...

I can't listen to the MX500s without earpads (without, is where they sound their cleanest)... and to me, with the earpads on ~ the sound goes a little wooly....

...A minor design fault with them I think, seeing that there are only those little holes around the perimiter of the 'cap'

Considering that the MX500s are half the cost of the EX71s in the UK though, they are definetly still a worthy contender for 'best budget earbud'
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #18 of 22
hey..i still have my 71s...do you think posting a WTB on these forum would be a good idea Duncan? i mean..are there many UK people on this forum?

EDIT - The new ipods are out! Woohoo!...finally...too bad it'll be a while before UK gets it though..as usual..sigh..and we have to pay VAT...

Apr 28, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #19 of 22
As long as they're in good (as new) condition xcalibur, I don't see why not... I know a head-fier who is looking out for a pair, so it could well be your lucky day?!

May 1, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

(Waiting for my new Koss KSC-35's and Sony
MDR-E848LP's to arrive also to make more comparisons.)

848??? from where???? how?? how much????
i wanna kno now!!!!
tongue.gif

May 1, 2003 at 3:10 AM Post #22 of 22
The MDR-E848LP's are my reward for answering questions at HarrisPollOnline. But I am STILL WAITING for them to arrive along with my Koss KSC-35's.
frown.gif

I have seen the MDR-E848LP's on EBay a couple of times.

Also found this website: http://www.goodcans.com/ListeningSta...emsony848.html
for Price : US$ 29.99 I don't know if they have any in stock, and you might get a better price from a yahoo shopping internet store, or definately EBay it.

Goodcans favors the "Sony MDR-E848LP Ear Buds (Our favorite bud!)" That is why I put it on my list of earbuds to try out.

I am still enjoying my Sony MDR-EX71SL's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back