Driving HD650 off of TEAC A-H01 ?
Dec 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mstark

New Head-Fier
I've got a TEAC A-H01 connected to my computer for driving a pair of Tannoy V1 speakers, and I'm happy with the sound they produce together (low-range ~£380 setup). I bought it in order to have a speaker set that can match my AT-ESW10 headphones for listening.

Now I'm considering getting the Sennheiser HD650, partly because I am curious, and partly because I want a pair of more comfortable headphones for extended computer use (mostly 320k ogg vorbis music from Spotify). I also want to know if the phones somewhat match ESW10 in listening experience, with its extreme clarity, and what some refer to as "boring" sound, as I've disliked any warm/"fun" headphone I've listened to.

The A-H01 isn't a dedicated headphone amp (like the UD-H01), but it's got a decent built in DAC and the amp seems to work for my needs. Will it be likely to drive the HD650 decently well?

I've owned the ESW10 since their release and I absolutely love them. They're with me pretty much all the time, but they're quite uncomfortable for extended listening. They work magically well un-amped (though they have slightly more punch when connected to the A-H01). Can I get the HD650 to equal them with my low-range integrated amp?

Edit,
alternatively, would Hifiman HE-400 or Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 work well/better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back