Drivers won't install for AV-710
Aug 27, 2006 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pibborando

500+ Head-Fier
Just got my Chaintech AV-710 installed in my computer. I downloaded the latest VIA drivers (v500b) as well as v143b as recommended in the set-up thread. However, neither of them will install. Here's what happens:

1) The installer utility appears to install the software, but then just sits there (I've waited over 10 min) displaying nothing until I have to hard-reboot my computer, because it's so locked up.

2) The installer utility comes back instantly with a successful instalation message, and asks to reboot the computer. I say ok, but when I boot back up, my computer still thinks the card needs drivers, and when I try to run the software from the start menu, nothing happens.

3) I try to install the drivers manually by telling windows to look in the folder where the Envy24 "WinXP" drivers are. It finds it and starts to move some .dll's, but when it gets to the last one "Audio3D.dll" (I think) it just freezes. I've tried waiting (over 10 minutes) but nothing happens.

I've also tried the software on the CD that came with the card, but the same things happen. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on Windows XP Professional, if that's important.

Aug 28, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Im sure i had this problem a while back when i had to reinstall all my programs after a crash. I think i had to uninstall the onboard sound driver first and then install the AV710.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back