Driver Polarity on Grado
Dec 1, 2007 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SK138

Headphoneus Supremus
I am trying to (re)recable iGrado. Anyone know the proper driver polarity? I took it apart before. That part is easy...but I can't make out the proper polarity on the drivers.

Dec 1, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 6
Fitz...that's what I would have done but I took the stock cable out long ago and left it bear. I can't recall which side is + or -. I don't think it matters now...I burned the drivers on iGrado. Long live my Senn cans
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go by how the stock cable is/was hooked up to determine the polarity?

Dec 1, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Well for future reference you could always get them wired with the same polarity just by trial and error, although the absolute phase might not necessarily be correct.

Dec 1, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 6
All the Grados I've re-wired have been the same so looking at the back of the driver with the solder tabs on the bottom ground is on the left, signal on the right.

Dec 1, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks....I will keep that in mind when I victimize another iGrado in near future
wink.gif
I had it right when I must have fried the driver. I will check it out later and see if it's really dead or faulty wiring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the Grados I've re-wired have been the same so looking at the back of the driver with the solder tabs on the bottom ground is on the left, signal on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back