[Driver]New Driver/PatchMix for E-MU 0404 1.71
Dec 18, 2004 at 11:00 AM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
DLing it now. i dunno if i own any 192 stuff - i think everything on my itunes is 44 or 48. am i better off just keeping patchmix set for 44 or 48 and now setting it for 192?

edit well i cant get 192 (or 96 for that matter) to work. ah well! no sound! well i guess that makes sense since all my stuff is in 48 or 44 anyhow. it's nice to know it's there tho.

You need your source player to resample to 192k, thats the downside really - you get no windows sounds/games/etc.

If you use foobar you can have it resample to 96/192 and then you will get sound with patchmix set to the higher values.

Dec 18, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #17 of 45
ah. so it's itunes' fault. i dont think they upsample. bah.

Dec 18, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
Thanks, I've been checking almost daily but I missed it today!

Quick first impressions are good, 192k deffo opens up the top end a bit and it seems a bit more spacious to me!

It feels good when you get something extra for free :p

I made the mistake of putting the resample at the top of the dsp stack. be sure to put the pphs at the end of the stack. the high's do seem more open; but it may just be the placebo talking. :|

Dec 19, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #20 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dowxp
I made the mistake of putting the resample at the top of the dsp stack. be sure to put the pphs at the end of the stack. the high's do seem more open; but it may just be the placebo talking. :|

You actually want the resampling as high in the chain as possible (refer to the hydrogenaudio forum for a proper explanation). You may wish to have an equalizer/convolver above it, however, depending on how the two sounds in your opinion (the placement of and equalizer with a resampler makes a big difference).

Dec 19, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rempert
The new drivers seem to be working fine for me with my Audigy 2. Update at your own risk, though.

Can you give us details on how you upgraded? Did you just install new drivers, then patchmix, and do nothing else? If thats the case then I'm gonna chance it in a bit.

Dec 19, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by ogewo
Can you give us details on how you upgraded? Did you just install new drivers, then patchmix, and do nothing else? If thats the case then I'm gonna chance it in a bit.

The only other thing I did was that at the start of the driver install, it asks if you want to save the old drivers for rollback, so I did that. Then it rebooted (which took considerably longer than normal) and installed the new drivers. Then I updated Patchmix. Seems to work ok for me.

Dec 19, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #23 of 45
Quote:

The only other thing I did was that at the start of the driver install, it asks if you want to save the old drivers for rollback, so I did that. Then it rebooted (which took considerably longer than normal) and installed the new drivers. Then I updated Patchmix. Seems to work ok for me.

Going to try now, if it doesn't work I'm gonna die

Edit: [size=x-large]SUCCESS![/size]
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit2:

Noticing issues now. My bass control for my audigy is greyed out and can not be changed anymore. WHen I game there's too much bass in it and sounds pretty bad. I might have to rollback
mad.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

That's strange, whenever I clicked to back my drivers up, I didnt have to reboot.

Dec 19, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #25 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMMa
Going to try now, if it doesn't work I'm gonna die

Edit: [size=x-large]SUCCESS![/size]
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit2:

Noticing issues now. My bass control for my audigy is greyed out and can not be changed anymore. WHen I game there's too much bass in it and sounds pretty bad. I might have to rollback
mad.gif

I noticed, that you only use your audigy 2 for your HD280s?? No multi-channel speakers? So i'm assuming you want to keep the audigy 2 for 'gaming' or something like that? Have you tried the 0404 for games? I tossed my audigy 2 out when I got my 1212m, made no difference in games except for surround sound positioning. EAX is overated.

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #26 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
I noticed, that you only use your audigy 2 for your HD280s?? No multi-channel speakers? So i'm assuming you want to keep the audigy 2 for 'gaming' or something like that? Have you tried the 0404 for games? I tossed my audigy 2 out when I got my 1212m, made no difference in games except for surround sound positioning. EAX is overated.

Why else would anyone purchase an Audigy?

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
Why else would anyone purchase an Audigy?

Multichannel gaming effects, ignorance, not caring, using pc speakers.

If your only using 2 channel, no reason to use one.

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #29 of 45
lol.

Well, just saying, some people may not think to even try their games without the audigy, I kept mine on hand just in case, and never had to use it, then gave it away.

I find running pc speakers thru on-board sound works easier than trying to get audigy + emus to live together, if you want something cheaper to send pc sounds through, voice chat etc I use it for, I don't like ventrilo coming out of my bookshelves its way too loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back