[Driver]New Driver/PatchMix for E-MU 0404 1.71
Dec 20, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #31 of 45
Asmo: Are you sure the audigy does not offset in-game sound processing from the cpu even in 2-channel mode? Performance is one reason people buy the audigy, I'm just not sure if that includes 2-channel performance.

Dec 20, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #32 of 45
updated the drivers running emu 0404 & audigy 2zs ,
saved the old drivers for rollback,and installed the new drivers.updated patch mix and it seems to work fine.

Dec 20, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #33 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullnrose
updated the drivers running emu 0404 & audigy 2zs ,
saved the old drivers for rollback,and installed the new drivers.updated patch mix and it seems to work fine.

Wonder what my pc's problem is. I've got the a2 platinum

Dec 20, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #34 of 45
I have a 0404 and an Audigy2 ZS, and after installing the updated drivers (and backing up the old version) Windows booted and neither card would work. Both Foobar and Windows audio properties say they dont exist.
confused.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #35 of 45
if it makes a difference i updated patch mix first then updated the drivers.then checked to see both were the current updates

Dec 20, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #37 of 45
There are significant differences between headphone gaming with a card that supports hardware-accelerated affects and headphone gaming with a card that doesn't. Whether those differences make using an Audigy worthwhile is a matter of opinion and circumstance. But if you already have both cards, there are plenty of valid reasons to consider using both.

Dec 20, 2004 at 8:52 AM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
EAX is overated.

Depends on the game. On some games EAX 4.0 sounds great and if you don't notice anything when you switch'em off you're deaff!

Dec 20, 2004 at 12:45 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
Depends on the game. On some games EAX 4.0 sounds great and if you don't notice anything when you switch'em off you're deaff!

I've heard a few games that sound cool in EAX, yah, but most I only find echo/room effects, which are simulated in software fairly well, as for performance, I have not noticed a huge difference -- but I don't play A LOT of games these days, I'm just throwing my opinion out there to give it a shot.

Right now all I play is some HL2/CS:S, World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, and this or that, i've never come accross a game that gave me sound 'problems', I am sure the audigy 2 would yield a few more FPS, but it dosn't bother me.

Dec 20, 2004 at 3:59 PM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

I have not noticed a huge difference...

It's like night and day
eggosmile.gif

Quote:

Right now all I play is some HL2/CS:S...

HL2 sounds very good from the 0404 out too, it simulates echoes pretty well on software. But there are games that benefit definitely from EAX 4.0. Like Thief 3 and Full Spectrum Warrior.

Dec 20, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

I noticed, that you only use your audigy 2 for your HD280s?? No multi-channel speakers? So i'm assuming you want to keep the audigy 2 for 'gaming' or something like that? Have you tried the 0404 for games? I tossed my audigy 2 out when I got my 1212m, made no difference in games except for surround sound positioning. EAX is overated.

I use 5.1 speakers by day when I can be loud and enjoy the surround sound at night I put on my 280s. I have tried my emu with gaming and its not the same, it sounds really good but doesn't throw the sounds as well. I want to be scared when I'm playing doom III and HL2.

I need the bass control on my audigy to work
mad.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMMa
I use 5.1 speakers by day when I can be loud and enjoy the surround sound at night I put on my 280s. I have tried my emu with gaming and its not the same, it sounds really good but doesn't throw the sounds as well. I want to be scared when I'm playing doom III and HL2.

I need the bass control on my audigy to work
mad.gif

Oh ok, you didn't list speakers in your profile or sig, so assumed you didn't have any -- I agree I love surround sound in games too. I thought maybe you were only using headphones for both soundcards.

Good luck getting it to work, sorry for throwing this topic off topic hehe.

Dec 21, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #44 of 45
yeah, i noticed the Patchmix was more responsive, too, actually. it used to redraw sluggishly, it seemed and indeed, there seemed to be a delay when opening it from the system tray.
i'm using this update on an 1820m... no probs so far.

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #45 of 45
anyone else installed the new software? i'd like to hear more experiences before i try it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back