driver movement.
May 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EinZweiDrei

500+ Head-Fier
are headphone drivers suppose to move like this?

(WARNING: PLEASE MUTE YOUR VOLUME BEFORE WATCHING THIS VIDEO)

out of every headphones i owned none of the drivers move when playing really low frequency sounds
generated by a digital audio workstation.
is it ok for a driver to move like this?
also i hope the ones who watched this video have muted their volume before any sound came out.
not sure if the audio in this video can damage drivers but taking extra precaution is always good.
i do not intend damage any1's gears and dont say i didnt warn you. i just want to know if this is safe or normal.
and i am sorry if theres any damage i did give out a warning.

EDIT: this is not my video

May 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Sony XBs are supposed to do that, I read it on their product or more like philosophy around XB series somewhere and no this video won't do any damage at all to other viewers, you're limited by the microphone  which can't even record those low frequencies very well (if at all depending on quality of it, in this case I'm suprised how clean this particular recording sounded like, I've never heard a cleaner headphone sound recording before I think) and the vol of the youtube vid is of course no louder than other vids. 

I'm suprised how u got it to move THAT much, I guess you really pumped up the volume bigtime to get such kind of movement. At least I know at normal listening volumes despite boosting the bass very much, I couldn't see it moving on mine.

May 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Sony XBs are supposed to do that, I read it on their product or more like philosophy around XB series somewhere and no this video won't do any damage at all to other viewers, you're limited by the microphone  which can't even record those low frequencies very well (if at all depending on quality of it, in this case I'm suprised how clean this particular recording sounded like, I've never heard a cleaner headphone sound recording before I think) and the vol of the youtube vid is of course no louder than other vids. 

I'm suprised how u got it to move THAT much, I guess you really pumped up the volume bigtime to get such kind of movement. At least I know at normal listening volumes despite boosting the bass very much, I couldn't see it moving on mine.

sorry i forgot to mention this is not my video i just happen to find this off of youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back