Driver for AV-710
Mar 7, 2007 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

RasmusseN

500+ Head-Fier
I've heard not to use the Driver on the CD which makes since for most computer hardware.

I was wondering what driver I should use as i've heard people talking about using the old envy driver or something like that.

I will be running my headphones right out of the sound card
frown.gif
It's a step up from onboard at least.

Thanks

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 46
If you are going to use the Analog out, get Via Arena's Envy24 drivers

If you are only going to use it as a Digital Transport (TOSLINK Optical) then I suggest Prodigy 7.1 Flash it and get latest drivers from AudioTrak

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #4 of 46
okay I am using the latest Envy24 Drivers they seem to work alright but I am having a slight problem that I would like to fix.

I am getting a low ring coming from my right side of my headphones when nothing is playing I've wore them the opposite way to test and sure enough I heard it in my left ear. any suggestions?

Also anything I should use in foobar. I've been using Kernal Streaming and prefer that over ASIO4All though I am wondering If i should change my buffer length or output.

and? my left channel stopped working for some reason

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 46
well last night I decided to restart it my computer because my left channel wasn't working only to get a loud high pitched ring in my right ear ouch!

well this morning I turned it on both channels working no ringing?

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 46
so everything is ok?

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so everything is ok?

yeah, seems all those problems before magically disappeared.... I hope at least that loud high pitched ring in the right channel never happens again I thought my eardrum exploded :p

but I am having another problem with my mic I hooked it up to my onboard before and it seemed to work well but when hooking it up to the sound card I am getting excess noise in the background.

I'd also like help with setting it up in foobar2k. I am currently using Kernal Streaming which seems to be working pretty good but after closing I am getting errors it works but is annoying.

I tried KS and it doesn't play but worked with my onboard
now using DS which seems to work

here is a picture of my settings:
settingsor8.jpg

screenshot of errors I get in this order:
errorbl1.jpg

secerrorsn7.jpg

thirderrorrq6.jpg

and sometimes a text document comes up saying stuff :p

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 46
hmm..I would uninstall your current version of foobar, delete the install folder. re-download foobar, and reinstall. Might want to do the same with Envy24 drivers. but, it looks like a foobar runtime error, not a driver error.

Did you try KS or ASIO in Winamp and see if that gives you errors?

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

hmm..I would uninstall your current version of foobar, delete the install folder. re-download foobar, and reinstall. Might want to do the same with Envy24 drivers. but, it looks like a foobar runtime error, not a driver error.

Did you try KS or ASIO in Winamp and see if that gives you errors?

No, I haven't tried KS or ASIO in WinAmp.

It's not bugging me that much and I kinda don't feel like setting up foobar all over because I've already got it how I want it. I'll get annoyed enough one day and decide to reinstall it :p

edit: I am really liking the sound coming out of this sound card compared to my onboard it's a step up but still I need an amp :p

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #11 of 46
I am getting that low high pitched ring at all times unless music is playing. I can't stand it soo annoying when no music is playing or I am playing a game and it's silent all I hear is that little annoying ring.

edit: I somewhat fixed this by turning the Line In all the way up though I think I can still hear it but it's much more quiet.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #12 of 46
did you set the AV710 in the PCI slot furthest away from the CPU? usually the bottom one. Mute and turn volume to 0 on everything else except Master & Wave (SW Synth optional). Do the same on Recording volumes.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

did you set the AV710 in the PCI slot furthest away from the CPU? usually the bottom one. Mute and turn volume to 0 on everything else except Master & Wave (SW Synth optional). Do the same on Recording volumes.

I have it on the bottom slot sadly it's not very far away from my GPU Cooler. There is only one other PCI slot open and it'd be very close to my GPU Cooler.

Muting sound and Front Speakers takes care of the ringing but than I get no sound.

Is there actually something wrong with the card that I need to RMA it?

I am sick of this dam ringing sound It's annoying the crap out of me I don't think I should have to deal with a ring in my right channel.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #14 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have it on the bottom slot sadly it's not very far away from my GPU Cooler. There is only one other PCI slot open and it'd be very close to my GPU Cooler.

Muting sound and Front Speakers takes care of the ringing but than I get no sound.

Is there actually something wrong with the card that I need to RMA it?

I am sick of this dam ringing sound It's annoying the crap out of me I don't think I should have to deal with a ring in my right channel.

try muting every channel except for "Volume Control" and "Wave"

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowVlican /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try muting every channel except for "Volume Control" and "Wave"

I already did and it didn't seem to fix the problem though unmuting Line In and turning it all the way up seems to help. Any other suggestions? is it the sound card itself anyone else have this problem or the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back