[driver]E-MU® 0404, 1212M, 1820, 1820M Driver patch V1.8
Jun 15, 2005 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

oScARSr

Head-Fier
It seems that the new drivers havnt been posted onto the E-MU official webside.

I found them on the Creative.asia.com.

Enjoy them .
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.asia.creative.com/support...pe=0&details=1

What's new?

Feature Enhancements:
# Improved ASIO / WDM recording performance during bursts in PCI bus activity, in order to eliminate recording dropouts
# Improved ASIO driver behavior when used with Sonar
# ASIO driver now fully recovers after an ASIO application crashes or is abnormally terminated
# Improves PCI performance by automatically setting optimal PCI Latency values for the DAS hardware
# Improved efficiency of PCI bus utilization, to allow for better recording performance on systems with other PCI-intensive devices (such as Effect Accelerators, SATA hard disk drives).

Fixes:
# Fixed bug where Cubase SX would not accept sample rate changes from PatchMix DSP
# Fixed bug where Sonar would crash when using ASIO at a sample rate that was not the same as PatchMix DSP
# Fixed a bug introduced in driver V1.71 affecting 1212m, 1820 and 1820m , where symptoms may incude AudioDock not responding correctly and External Clock not functioning.

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 19
Thanks for the heads-up

Quote:

ASIO driver now fully recovers after an ASIO application crashes or is abnormally terminated

This should save a few reboots.

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 19
another version is supposed to come rather fast after this one, with support for 88.2/176.4 among other things..

Jun 15, 2005 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
another version is supposed to come rather fast after this one, with support for 88.2/176.4 among other things..

what the heck. i still only use 44, 48 for movies lol.

Jun 15, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 19
keep in mind, the cards are made for recording, not so/as much to serve as a high-fidelity music/movie station.
tongue.gif

I honestly expected the PCI latency issues to get solved rather soon after I bought the card and saw the complaints on this forum. The card seems to really take priority when doing ASIO now without me having to give it IRQ priority under the system clock.

-Joe

Jun 16, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman

Yeah, but quick for them could mean months...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #10 of 19
Jun 16, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 19
Nice, I tried to play CS: Source with my EMU a while back but the sound cutting out issues put a stop to that, will test these when I get home.

Jun 16, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #12 of 19
i installed it, the patchmix software interface looks a bit diff now, but the sound still sounds the same lol. ah well.

Jun 17, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #13 of 19
Some people had big problems with the last patch in systems with an Audigy 2 installed. Has anyone with that configuration tried this patch yet?

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kram Sacul
The software interface looks the same. What differences are you noticing, Jahn?

bottom right corner next to "main mix" is the "main inserts" - that part is the new part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back