Drilling Holes
Mar 26, 2003 at 11:04 AM Post #16 of 17
crk
ps Anybody succeeded in putting an in socket, an out socket, a volume control, an on/off switch, a Crossfeed switch and an LED on the faceplate of a SERPAC H-95-9V (and have them all fit)??

It may be better to mount the input jack on the side of the case and free up some room on the front pannel.

Mar 26, 2003 at 4:35 PM Post #17 of 17
A few of things I've found helpful when doing enclosure work...

I cover the front panel with blue painters tape.... it's like masking tape, but designed to be removed easily. I can then measure and mark everything I need on the tape, without marring the panel. Once all the holes are drilled/cut, the tape comes off easily with very little, if any, residue.

An exacto blade can quickly make a pilot hole in a plastic face panel in a pinch.

For aluminum panels, get a center punch.

Get a set of Black & Decker Bullet bits. They aren't cheap, but the pilot point tips are great, and help a lot with keeping the drill from walking.

If you do a lot of DIY work, definitely get a drill press. The Dremel drill press attachment is great for PCB drilling and other small things. Home Depot also has a Ryobi 10" bench top drill press for around $100 that is pretty good for the price.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back