Drew Carey is the new host of the Price is Right
Jul 24, 2007 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

arnoldsoccer4

500+ Head-Fier
eek.gif
This should be interesting, I am really wondering if they are going to overhaul the set or not. Can Drew replace Bob?

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 34
Wow, that doesn't seem like the perfect match.
Right now I'm picturing the "Who's line is it anyway" Drew. I'm hoping he'll be just as genuine and family friendly as Bob.

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 34
Yeah I guess it could be worse but I've never been a big fan. At least with this gig he doesn't have to try and make jokes, cause that doesn't work too well for him. Tough job to replace Bob though.

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 34
I'd think that the show would have the best chance of success with someone who would be almost nothing like Bob Barker, instead of with someone trying to mimic him and being shunned as a result.

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #8 of 34
Gads; I haven't watched the "Price is Right" since Jack Parr was MC of the "Tonight" show!

I guess I don't really have an opinion.

....uh; who IS Drew Carry, anyway?

OK; the wife just clued me in....uh......
plainface.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #9 of 34
May the proverbial pliko puck, that is Bob's fortune, find its way to the center, devoid of sexual harassment suits and nightmares of being buried alive under years of accumulated, excised animal reproductive parts.

Jul 24, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #10 of 34
Well, I think Drew Carey is a better choice than some other people I can think of... like Bob Saget.
blink.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #12 of 34
Suggestions for who else they may have picked? Bobs not an easy guy to replace! All the good game show hosts are either dead or too old for the job. Ray Combs would've been good for it, but uhhhh, well we all know what became of him. Chuck Woolery might've been able to pull it off. Maybe the guy from Street Smarts might even be good for it. All in all I'd say Drew Carey wasnt too bad a choice.

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May the proverbial pliko puck, that is Bob's fortune, find its way to the center, devoid of sexual harassment suits and nightmares of being buried alive under years of accumulated, excised animal reproductive parts.

For all the times Barker reminded us to spay and neuter our pets, don't you think Carey would hold a grudge?

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #14 of 34
I don't like Drew Carey either. If they want someone in that same vain, how bout Kevin James. Bob Saget is truly a funny comedian, he works very blue.
don't be fooled by his AFHV hosting job.
Even Kelly Ripa's spouse would be a good choice.

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #15 of 34
I can't say one way or the other if Carey was a good choice. I guess I'll have to watch him to decide. Either way, it's going to be hard to fill Bob's shoes. I wonder what they'll call the models on the show now....Carey's Beauties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back