Dre's Beats headphones!?
Dec 16, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #16 of 19
My impressions from playing with the headphones at the Apple store:

Look pretty cool, but feel very cheap. They are pretty comfortable. Sound quality is okay. Nothing mind-blowing, but not bad. I agree that the bass was a little bloated. Definitely not as bloated as Bose headphones, but they're not quite as punchy and fast as I would like. Mids and highs are decent. Nothing to write home about though. I experienced some distortion in certain frequencies with the pair that I used. Could have just been that pair though since floor models get pretty beat up.

Worth $350? Definitely not. I think $200-250 is a better price for the name, brand, and sound quality. If I had the chance, I would only pay around $100-150 for them though.

Dec 16, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #17 of 19
Pretty much everyone has already stated this, but for the price, you'd be able to pick up two sets of cans with way better sq. I don't really know who these appeal to. Anyone willing to throw out ~$350 on a set either really loves Dre or hasn't done their research. Either of those or their marketing team is doing a great job :p

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #18 of 19
i link them with monster cables
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesterqw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i link them with monster cables
smily_headphones1.gif

yup, monster displays are really biased.... 24 gauge speaker wire 20ft, vs 20ft of 16 gauge monster ultra expensive cable. speaker cables dont matter much! gauge is what matters! 99% of people wont be able to tell the difference between ultra expensive cables and using a regular copper wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back