"Dreamed of Vinyl..." - A head-fi fairy tale
May 18, 2008 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nylan8301

1000+ Head-Fier
Here's an interesting tale for you head-fiers:

So, last night...I had a dream about going to various antique stores and garage sales and finding all my favorite albums and compositions on vinyl. I then dreamed of a perfect vinyl rig: tubes, great turn-table, and my DT 880s.

Well, upon waking up, my wife says something about some garage sales in the area this weekend. I think, "Why not...I mean, it couldn't hurt to look, could it?" So, we venture forth...and what do we find? A number of really great vinyl albums for a fraction of what they're worth.

So, I picked up some greats such as: Star Wars-A New Hope Soundtrack, AC/DC-Back in Black, DSotM, Rush-Renaissance, two Chicago albums, and a Momma and the Poppas greatest hits.

But, the tale doesn't end there (as I don't have a turn-table yet). So, we then continue our journey around this neighborhood-wide garage sale. We come upon an older couple whom had some pet accessories that my wife considered worth owning. The gentleman of this particular garage asks me, "You collect plastic?" I say, "Well, yeah. I'm starting to." He then, like a desert prophet leading his people to the promised land, says, "Follow me. You can have your pick for free."

Needless to say, I follow like he has just sold me my salvation. Upon entering his garage, he displays a huge collection of classical, jazz, early 30's to 40's, and religious music. Needless to say, I came away with about 50-60 albums.

Upon returning to my apartment I realize something very important; I don't have a turn-table to play my newly-acquired records. My wife and I make a few calls to antique shops, and we have to travel about a half-hour to find a shop that actually had some.

Finally, after getting a few tips from some of the locals, we are directed to a mecca of vinyl. A local shop that has about 250k of records. We quickly find a record player for a decent price, head home, and listen to a violin concerto. I've never been happier.

All in all, it was a head-fi fairy tale. Dreams really do come true...

Nylan

May 18, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 3
That is awesome, I agree that dreams can be deeply prophetic to the soul.

For a while I would have dreams in my life that I was a runner, even though I was out of shape and always hated running… but once I joined a couple of friends and started to run months later, I remembered those dreams… and it became a very natural and important part of my life. Though now I am out of shape again I know it’s my destiny to go back to it soon.

That is just one example, dreams have guided my soul in many other ways, they are magic, show us what we want, what we fear and glimpses of the future, put us in touch with deep, unknown parts of ourselves
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back