Dream Theater playing Pink Floyd?
Feb 13, 2008 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
I have my library on shuffle right now and In The Flesh? started to play. It sounded different, so I figured that it was off of one of their other albums that I haven't previously noticed, or a remaster or something. I checked my player and it turns out it was the beginning of Dream Theater's "The Big Medley" from their A Change of Seasons album. I thought it was pretty cool. I really enjoy hearing covers of songs. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes, DT has covered the whole DSOTM live and released it officially, I believe. A curiousity.

Feb 13, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 10
I really like the DT covers on Change of Seasons, esp Pink Floyd. I didn't know they released their live covers, but I have watched them on Youtube. My favorite is the guitar solo during comfortably numb alongside queensryche.
YouTube - john petrucci the best! (comfortably numb solo)

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 10
This recommendation may not go over well, but one of the coolest covers of the entire album of DSotM I've heard (and I've yet to hear the DT version), has to be "Dub Side of the Moon" by the Easy All Stars.

Nothing more than a little fun, so if you're a purist this will probably make you eject your deepest organs, but what a trip to hear it played out like this!

Feb 13, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This recommendation may not go over well, but one of the coolest covers of the entire album of DSotM I've heard (and I've yet to hear the DT version), has to be "Dub Side of the Moon" by the Easy All Stars.

Nothing more than a little fun, so if you're a purist this will probably make you eject your deepest organs, but what a trip to hear it played out like this!

I actually quite like that too, as well as the one they did of OK Computer.

Feb 14, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen_Ri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, DT has covered the whole DSOTM live and released it officially, I believe. A curiousity.

Inded it was released in DVD, mixed by Portnoy himself, it is officially offered in the website as a Bootleg, along with the aniversary of the first album concert, in which the first singer is invited along with few other surprises...

I got my copy and it is worth every penny!!!

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #9 of 10
Not a bad crack at it but me being a purist lol I need to hear gilmour and waters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back