dream portable music player
Apr 14, 2015 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pcalv

New Head-Fier
Hi

Just wondering if there will be a DAP released in the near future that will meet my needs so that i don't need to go between my phone and DAP. I dont think i am asking for too much.

I am looking for a dedicated music player with dual micro sd slots and capabilitity to stream from Spotify. Audio quality isn't highest in my priority as my portable music format is mp3 v2 vbr.

Is there anything available or being released soon which will meet my needs?

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 9
I'm not sure I understand why someone who uses mp3 v2 vbr and regularly listens to Spotify NEEDS dual micro sd slots? How much music do you NEED access to? :)

Anyway, don't know of a device that has all that. However, the Fiio X5 has dual micro SD slots.

Apr 15, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Just wondering if there will be a DAP released in the near future that will meet my needs so that i don't need to go between my phone and DAP. I dont think i am asking for too much. I am looking for a dedicated music player with dual micro sd slots and capability to stream from Spotify. Audio quality isn't highest in my priority as my portable music format is mp3 v2 vbr.
Is there anything available or being released soon which will meet my needs?

I know nothing really about Spotify, but it would seem if you want to stream music you would either need to connect to a cell tower, which requires a smart phone
or a Wi-Fi connection, but you can't really use a Wi-Fi connect when on the move.
So if you want to stream music audio while on the move, seems like you need to use a modern smart phone.
A smartphone will function like a Digital Audio player
I would assume all smart phones only come with one micro-SD slot.

If you had a smartphone that can output music thru it's USB port, then maybe connect with USB to a digital audio player.

Apr 15, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 9
Everybody's requirements for a portable music player are different. Personally I would like to carry my entire music collection with me so that I can listen to whatever I want whenever rather than copy music back and forth. A device with a dual sd slot and 2 x 200GB micro sd slots would allow me to do that.

Spotify would be a nice to have if I am looking for something to listen to which I don't own.

I know the Fiio X5 has 2 slots but has no wifi capability for Spotify.

I also know that the Saygus V2 phone is coming out this year with dual micro sd slots which I suppose could be used as a dedicated music player but it will be quite large with a 5 inch screen.

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 9
Why not just use your smartphone?  Add a microSD card and get a microUSB to USB adapter with a USB stick?

Or get the Samsung SSD T1. Reported to work with Android phones: http://techreport.com/review/27690/samsung-portable-ssd-t1-reviewed

Apr 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the replies.

A microUSB to USB adapter or Samsung portable SSD will just make the device more bulky.

Thing is I really just want a standalone music player which caters for all my portable music requirements and i dont have to worry about running down my phone battery.

I am currently switching between a Fiio X1 with 128GB micro sd  and a 160GB ipod classic. Both are great devices so i am looking for something similar with bigger capacity , wifi and able to use Spotify.

If the Fiio X5 had WIFI capability and Android OS to install Spotify it would meet my requirements!

Look as though there is nothing at the moment to meet my needs but hopefully in the next year or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back