*dream job* thread!
Jun 26, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #46 of 79
Owning and bartending a beach bar in the Caribbean.

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #47 of 79
Travel and explore the world, while earning a decent income.
That would be great!
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #48 of 79
Nobody have chosen **** star yet? I wouldn't like to do it because it's too repetitive. If I get a job I don't want it to make me brainwashed, I want it to make me evolve. Psychologist is a good job, you help other people and improve your understanding at the same time. My other personality is already a psychologist.

I know my dream job now, I want to explore the Universe in a space ship! I will have my own robots that do stuff for me. My girlfriend will be a robot too, and so will I. I will have a huge memory that stores the data when I visit new planets. Later I will also start building planets on my own, I will design them myself and then the robots will start building.

I can see the future now. A planet designed to give the best audio and video possible. The whole planet will be a simulator built on nanobots that output different frequencies. When a visitor enters the planet he can choose which simulation he wants to run.

Jun 26, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #51 of 79
My dream job is pretty simple, and hopefull, I'll be doing it in 10 years: I'd like to own my own rock and roll magazine. NOT like crap out there today, focusing on the latest and "greatest"; instead, it would take a look at classic albums and artists and offer intellectual commentary on them, instead of mindless interviews.

Jun 26, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #52 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dream job is to be a translator and to travel all over the world
wink.gif

This is my plan. ^__^ Sort of my dream as well, but I would want to do localization for video games--perhaps for Squeenix. My first dream, though, is to be a concert pianist. Richter did it at a later age, so who knows, eh? ^__^ I wouldn't exactly consider that a job, either. ♪
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #55 of 79
To become a successful writer. I long for the day to see my name along the shelves of BN, Borders, and the local library. It would be even sweeter if some stories were turned into films and TV series too (though Hollywood has been screwing up quite a bit in this area
rolleyes.gif
)

I would definitely use a pen name and as my "day job" I will be an attorney working pro bono for the local community.

Jun 26, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #56 of 79
I thought about what I said earlier in this thread about wanting to be an Engineer at a Jet engine manufacturer. To be absolutely honest, since I've retired from being just that; that I HAVE actually dreamed about it! Really! And all good dreams too!!

I guess I really got my wish! It was a great jo.....uh, experience with pay!

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #58 of 79
That's simple. My current job at 5 times my current pay. I have no problems with my current position, work with a fantastic group of people, and am able to listen to music for pretty much all 8 hours that I spend there a day. The only thing that needs improvement is my salary.

Jun 27, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #59 of 79
In order of preference (with my chances included) . . .

1. GM of the San Francisco Giants. (< 0.0001%)
2. GM for any other MLB team. (< 0.003%)
3. Official scorekeeper for the San Francisco Giants. (< 0.01%)
4. Official scorekeeper for any other MLB team. (< 0.3%)

***big gap***

5. Something to do with Psychology or Law (or both). (> 99%)

I simply don't have the connections for my first four choices. Oh well -- wouldn't mind #5 for a handful of decades I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back