dreadlocks
May 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aciDreams

New Head-Fier
i have reasonably big dreadlocks 2 years old.
deciding between either hd 280 pros/7506's or the likes
will the senny's really fit that much better?
any dread heads have advice?
sorry, i is noob

May 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 6
is there any reason why you don't want to use IEMs instead? I'd imagine that would make your life a lot easier...

As for the two headphones you mentioned - they are actually pretty similar in size and shape so I don't think either would be any more or less comfortable with dreadlocks.

May 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I have dreadlocks and I find that headband comfort is not really a big deal. You will find your hair will be a good buffer between the headband and your head. I have a pair of hd600s, I don't know how they compare comfort-wise to 280s, but they're far more comfortable than my 7506s. 

May 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
is there any reason why you don't want to use IEMs instead? I'd imagine that would make your life a lot easier...

As for the two headphones you mentioned - they are actually pretty similar in size and shape so I don't think either would be any more or less comfortable with dreadlocks.

i have just heard a couple times that the 280's are alot bigger

thanks!

EDIT: i just dont like jamming things in my ears, nothing against them. full size headphones have never been too uncomfortable.
i was just trying to make an informed decision on my first real pair

May 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I have dreadlocks and I find that headband comfort is not really a big deal. You will find your hair will be a good buffer between the headband and your head. I have a pair of hd600s, I don't know how they compare comfort-wise to 280s, but they're far more comfortable than my 7506s. 

ya im not too worried about the headband comfort per se but moreso just the fit
im leaning towards the sennys just because of what ive read about them
i just prefer the way sonys look

thanks!

May 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 6
How would the Audio-Technica AD or A series headphones work:  would it be the best fit or a complete disaster?  I guess it depends on the dreads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back