Dreaded Headband Hair
Jan 17, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #16 of 30
i have so much hair to the point where as long as it's clean, i can just shake my head like a dog to restore it to its original form. i can't see myself balding until i'm very old... i came out of the womb with as much hair as kramer has with a #1! and my hair grows all the way back from a #1 in 2 months max... it's too much of a hassle to cut my hair at all, tbh. and the ladies love it
wink.gif

edit: i don't have really long, girl-like hair, just nice and thick and a bit above my neck

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #17 of 30
I just wear my hair flat on my head. There, problem solved
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm, I wonder if someone could design a headband for high end cans like HD650's that go behind the head. That would be an insane DIY!

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 30
the problem is that i hate clip ons aswell....im ok with behind the neck...but all the ones that come out (cheezy sony ones, pmx40, pmx60, pmx100, portapro, sportapro)

the problem with pmx100 is that it looks uncomfortable and for porta and sporta i just think its ugly. I wanna look for something along the looks of pmx60 but with ksc75/35 or better sq

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #19 of 30
Actually, you may find that some headphones can be used streetstyle by turning them so the headband rests on the back of your neck. I've done it before, and it works decently if the pads are a perfect circle like Grado. It's hard to do with the oval shape of HD595/580/600/650.

I think the weight of the drivers of full size headphones make it very difficult to design streetstyle versions.

I feel your pain, but I think the best thing for you is to get IEMs or clip-on's for when you don't want to mess up your hair, and a full size headphone for when it's OK to mess up your hair. This is my approach, and I think it's a good practical compromise. I haven't found any other solution which doesn't involve shaving my head.

Jan 17, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I The male bodily fluid contains lots of vitamins and enzymes including cerebral spinal fluid. We need that stuff!

humm.....OK, I've taken enough medical classes to know this is not true. Especially CSF. CSF is created in the brain and is plasma filtered from your blood. Your spinal dura is nowhere near your testicles....so how can it get there???
blink.gif
blink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopecia

The most common misconception I've heard is that baldness is from your mother's side. It's both sides actually. So I'm slowly balding. And I've got my dad's side to blame.....all the males are baldies!!!!
icon10.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, you may find that some headphones can be used streetstyle by turning them so the headband rests on the back of your neck. I've done it before, and it works decently if the pads are a perfect circle like Grado.

This is how I primarily wear my AKG K 81 DJ headphones, and it works for me. Looks kind of dumb with the wires popping out in front of my face, but it works.
cool.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
humm.....OK, I've taken enough medical classes to know this is not true. Especially CSF. CSF is created in the brain and is plasma filtered from your blood. Your spinal dura is nowhere near your testicles....so how can it get there???
blink.gif
blink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopecia

The most common misconception I've heard is that baldness is from your mother's side. It's both sides actually. So I'm slowly balding. And I've got my dad's side to blame.....all the males are baldies!!!!
icon10.gif

Well your likely right (and that's a relief)- although when I was at UCLA (i was trying to find an old PDF on the web) there was much talk of this possibility. I'm obviously unsure of the biological mechanics in this.

Neil

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #26 of 30
I honestly don't know if I'm gonna go bald. My mother's side all the males went bald for the most part. My father's side, most still have a full head of hair.

My older brothers still have their hair, so that means I'll keep mine..right?

RIGHT?!?!?!

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol talk about thread crapping/off topicness

well to make them related......I wonder if headphones and headband hair contributes to baldness
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol I'm so frustrated when i gel my hair and i don't want to mess it up, but i also want to listen to my music. Any suggestions? be creative, im a DIYer so something like a ksc75 in a crappy behind the neck headphone would be nice

thanks

Is this you?

bachelorbob.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back