Dre iBeats taken through the washing machine...
Apr 30, 2011 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jyphotog

New Head-Fier
Well, I meant to ask what to do prior to me taking them apart, but curiosity got the best of me.  

First, was there anything I could have done to have fixed them?  You could here music, but there was absolutely no bass. 

Second, not that I have F'd them up, can I find the little speakers that go in them and replace them myself?

Thanks guys and gals. 

Apr 30, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 19
To be honest, I don't think you should even consider repairing them. Might as well get a good set of inexpensive IEMs unless you can afford higher-end 'phones. I rather enjoy the Meelectronic M9 or M6, they aren't expensive at all and sound very good.

Apr 30, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 19
Ok, yea I rather do that.  I only bought them because I was not knowledgable on the fact that Dre's crap is overpriced.  I almost got the Studio knock offs in Iraq, but instead went with Phiaton MS400's thanks to this site! 

Anyway, I will def. check out the set you suggested.  

Apr 30, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 19
The Monsters probably sound better after the washing machine.

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
I recently had a set of Bose In Ears and Apple ADDIEMS go through the washer and dryer. No damage at all and both function fine.

thanks for rubbing it in! 
wink_face.gif

Apr 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 19
May 1, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #11 of 19
I had a pretty similar experience with my Klipsch Image S4s; still made sound after the wash but absolutely no bass. As others have said, it's probably best for you to just upgrade

May 1, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #13 of 19

yep, as others have said, why fix them, buried at sea is too good for them. but just in case someone else comes in looking to save their iems after washing them. first thing you did wrong was test them, they need to dry thoroughly before you pass current through them. funny thing is, an idea out of left field might have been to rinse them in distilled water to get rid of the chemical residue and dry thoroughly before trying them. it will depend on the construction whether this is a good idea, often paper or some other fibrous material is used in driver cones and they wouldnt cope. but yeah most important, let dry thoroughly for a week and if possible, dry them out in the sun, chances are they'll be fine.

May 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #15 of 19
they have a warranty that covers going through the washing machine and then dismantled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back