Drawing-Fi?
Oct 15, 2009 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Leonchan

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, has there been a drawing thread before? If there hasn't been any,
I just thought that I might give it a try. I'm no artist, still in highschool, I never had any art lessons or classes, but I have been drawing a lot recently. I've been a lurking too long, and need to get myself out there. So, is here any professional artists around? I need lessons! lol. I just bought a new sketchbook. So how about we give it a go. Traditional art, digital art whatever you have to show.
biggrin.gif

So, post your drawings! Some of your daily sketches, and let us try to help you out by giving our critique as well as comments! :
jecklinsmile.gif

My tools of choice:
H2, HB, 2B, 4B, 8B, and kneaded eraser.

tools.png

My first page of sketchbook. First use of prismacolors.
apple.png

Hoping this thread can get somewhere.

Oct 15, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 30
Oct 15, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I draw a little in my spare time, mostly sci fi concepts. Typical tools are a 0.5 mm 2HB mechanical pencil, a 2mm 2 HB lead holder and a kneaded eraser.

Here are a few of mine:

Samir Patil: Sci-Fi Schematic Concepts | Sci Fi-Gallery 1

Not too shabby, I like your style and your sci fi concepts. I can picture those ships in Firefly, seeing that your a fan. The details is very intricate. Something I that I don't have the patience for. keep up the work.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Heheh, it's been so long since I've drawn something for fun in the analog medium. I'm all digital now.

Pfft, digital. We all know analog is for the win. Post some of your work. I'd like to see.
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 30
^that's awesome.

Here's one of my newer sketch. Jim and Pam lol. Not very good. I definitely need to work on drawing hair.

Jim_and_Pam_Halpert_by_heroleon.jpg

Dwight_Schute_by_heroleon.png

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonchan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pfft, digital. We all know analog is for the win. Post some of your work. I'd like to see.
biggrin.gif

Not when it comes to those that have to make a living with their artwork.
wink.gif

Here's some old school (literally) work of mine. A mix of my early pro work (mostly stuff I did for Transformers for Hasbro). My preferred medium were Prismacolor and Verithin pencils. Usually on cheap letter or tabloid sized copy paper.

vehicles.jpg

creatures.jpg

As for my more recent stuff. Hmmmm. The vast majority are under NDA, and I can't publically show them.

My studio is 100% digital now. I use a Wacom Cintiq 21ux as my main tool with Photoshop and Painter as my main softwares of choice.

The closest art I do for "fun" would be some stuff like the art for the last CanJam.

CanJam2009_FinalBanner800px_01.jpg

-Ed

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #9 of 30
Nice work there. Definitely love the CanJam artwork.
That's true, have to make a living off digital art.
beerchug.gif

I'd love to get myself a walcom tablet one of these days, but there are basics I still have to learn about.
Like perspective, anatomy, and etc before I do so. which I still don't quite understand after going over Loomis.

Ah, I have time to do a sketch today, but unfortunately, I got a cut under my nail, and it opens up when I extend my index finger. No idea how that happened.
frown.gif

@Gatto Love the Samus drawings. :]

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #10 of 30
@ Gatto - That man in the suit with the gun is awesome! the other ones are great too, but thats my personal favorite

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 30
bugatti_veyron_by_heroleon.png

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Gatto - That man in the suit with the gun is awesome! the other ones are great too, but thats my personal favorite

That's a woman.

Oct 18, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #13 of 30
Huh, I guess it is.

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonchan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Gatto Love the Samus drawings. :]

Thanks ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks a lot
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a woman.

well the first one is Seras Victoria from Hellsing who is most certainly a woman

Seras_Victoria_04.jpg

but the second one is Dan Smith from Killer 7 who is most certainly not a woman
tongue.gif

Killer7___Dan_Smith_by_SpoonyBardess.png

or if you meant rip van winkle who is also a hellsing character, she's a woman

I'd put up a different pic of her as a reference but she has a very male body type since she's quite skinny, she's also a nazi and although I was able to edit out the swastika from the drawing I put up online, I can't take it out of google search images.

Jan 16, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #15 of 30
Ah, sorry for the necro-post. I want to see if anybody have any recent sketches to post. I haven't really done much drawing, but I just bought a walcom tablet recently. So hopefully, I get the chance to use it, and post some newer things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back