Drama in Osaka!!
Mar 13, 2006 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Sumo time, everyone! The March basho is underway. Asashoryu, the yokozuna won on the first day. There are two Ozeki kabodan (in danger of demotion) this time: Kaio and Chiyotaikai---that'll be worth watching. Also, Hakuho will be trying to get promoted to Ozeki!
eek.gif
k1000smile.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 14
haha sounds like the other march madness

Mar 13, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Sumo time, everyone! The March basho is underway. Asashoryu, the yokozuna won on the first day. There are two Ozeki kabodan (in danger of demotion) this time: Kaio and Chiyotaikai---that'll be worth watching. Also, Hakuho will be trying to get promoted to Ozeki!
eek.gif
k1000smile.gif

dang daycart, you a sports fanatic or what!?
biggrin.gif
i see 3 threads up on way different sports. is there any sport you don't like?

Mar 13, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
eek.gif
k1000smile.gif

I understood roughly 40% of that.

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
dang daycart, you a sports fanatic or what!?
biggrin.gif
i see 3 threads up on way different sports. is there any sport you don't like?

HAHAHA. Actually, I can't stand baseball, sychronized swimming, or snowboarding. Motocross is pretty lame too, though I like motorcycles on the track.
I don't have much use either for golf, horse racing, or bass fishin.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
Where does one watch the Sumo matches here in the States? Is it possible?

If you are lucky, Japanese coverage is available on cable. Otherwise you have to use live, streaming video here:

http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/index.html

Sometimes this works pretty well, other times not.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 14
I'm not a big sumo fan, but sometimes follow it on NHK satellite TV.

For those who are wondering, both Ozekis in danger of demotion, Kaio and Chiyotaikai, won yesterday.

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
I'm not a big sumo fan, but sometimes follow it on NHK satellite TV.

For those who are wondering, both Ozekis in danger of demotion, Kaio and Chiyotaikai, won yesterday.

W00t!! Go Chiyotaikai! I've been a fan since he hit it big back in '98. Heh, I know I wasn't the only one with hopes he'd be top tier and make yokozuna.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 26, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #13 of 14
This fabulous basho is over. Asashoryu wins again, but needed a playoff against his countryman, Hakuho. Hakuho will certainly be at Ozeki for the next basho! Also, on the last day, Kaio beat Hakuho to just barely hang on at Ozeki.

In Juryo division, there was a zensho (undefeated champion) for the first time in 40 years!!
eek.gif
k1000smile.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
the farmers trying to artificially inseminate his cow right now......wonder how long its gonna take.The cow doesnt seem too willing......
eek.gif

One of these posts is not like the other...
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the web feed link daycart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back