Dragonfly v1 with smartphone?
May 19, 2016 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bg531

New Head-Fier
I haven't tried this yet, but I suspect my original Dragonfly can work with my LG smartphone if I use the USB Audio Player Pro app, an OTG cable and a powered USB hub.

Assuming this is true, does anybody make a REALLY small powered USB hub with rechargeable battery?  I'm used to lipstick sized external smartphone batteries but every portable hub I've seen has been much larger than that.

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey guys i have an old Huawei phone but the noise floor is bad especially with sensitive iem's like kz zs10pro ,i have been looking at fiio a1 (external amp)can an external amp fix the bad noise floor or do i need to purchase a dac\amp combo?

Jan 27, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I haven't tried this yet, but I suspect my original Dragonfly can work with my LG smartphone if I use the USB Audio Player Pro app, an OTG cable and a powered USB hub.

Assuming this is true, does anybody make a REALLY small powered USB hub with rechargeable battery? I'm used to lipstick sized external smartphone batteries but every portable hub I've seen has been much larger than that.
Yep, it should work. I had it and worked just fine. A bit cumbersome with all the cabling, but yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back