Dragonfly Black or FiiO Q1 Mark II?
May 3, 2018 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

devilnevacry

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've got an Mobo MSI Z170A M7 and after some research, it has Sabre HiFi ES906K2M ESS and OPA 1652 amp .So, the Dragonfly Black or FiiO Q1 Mark II would be a noticeable improvement in audio quality? If so, which one should I pick? Btw, I've got the ATH-MSR7.
I hope you can help me, thanks.

May 3, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #2 of 8
Are you planning to use it with a portable device? If not, a desktop setup like a Schiit Modi/Magni stack would be better and scale with any future headphones.

May 3, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 8
I owned Dragonfly Black before I change to LG phone. I really like the sound. Very dynamic and lively. However, it is a bit too powerful for my sensitive IEM and due to my OTG cable it creates hiss. So I decided to give up and stick to my LG phone. One advantage of Q1 MkII is it is battery operated and it does not drain your phone battery and it comes with balanced output. It is indeed the best deal in the market now in term of specifications.
FYI, Dragonfly Black kills my previous phone's battery :frowning2:

May 3, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 8
I owned Dragonfly Black before I change to LG phone. I really like the sound. Very dynamic and lively. However, it is a bit too powerful for my sensitive IEM and due to my OTG cable it creates hiss. So I decided to give up and stick to my LG phone. One advantage of Q1 MkII is it is battery operated and it does not drain your phone battery and it comes with balanced output. It is indeed the best deal in the market now in term of specifications.
FYI, Dragonfly Black kills my previous phone's battery :frowning2:

Thanks, but I want to use it with my PC, not my phone. Another option would be Micca Origen G2. My question is which of those 3 would be a noticeable improvement in sound quality from my mobo?

May 3, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Is there any way you can test these amp/dacs?

Personally, I don't feel my MSR7 scales significantly with my different sources (S8, E10k and Magni 3). Not surprising as it is a portable designed to work with phones and other mobile sources. I got my Magni 3 primarily for my AFO.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #7 of 8
Is there any way you can test these amp/dacs?

Personally, I don't feel my MSR7 scales significantly with my different sources (S8, E10k and Magni 3). Not surprising as it is a portable designed to work with phones and other mobile sources. I got my Magni 3 primarily for my AFO.

That's the problem, in my country there is no stores for that, so I can't test them :frowning2: All I can do is reading reviews. This would be my first DAC/AMP, so I was thinking about nearly $100. They could be SMSL M3, Micca Origen G2, Schiit Fulla 2, Dragonfly Black, Fiio Q1 MKII, and maybe SMSL AD18 or SMSL M6. Keep in mind that I only got my MSR7 and in a posible future (not soon) I'm gonna buy DT 1990 Pro or HD660s.

So, which would be a improvement from my mobo, using the MSR7?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back