Drag and Drop on Ipod, Ipod touch, Iphone 4 - ENABLED~! (without modding Ipod)
Jul 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mepstein10

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

sorry if I am posting this in the wrong forum, but I am new so please bear with me.

As annoying as an apple ipod or iphone are, they are passable player, not cowon or sony, but its okay, and its popularity means that it is a likely player to be gotten as a gift.

As many will agree, its biggest flaw is the software, which is resource hungry, invasive and honestly just a big pain to use, especially for those of us who want to just drag out files over and go.

So after doing some test using a small application that essentially replaces itunes in all its purposes I am happy to say that is does enable drag and drop.

I have tested it on my iphone 4 and ipod shuffle, both of which worked without any difficulty.

So the biggest plus of this is that

1) you don't have to mod your ipod, so the warranty remains intact if say for some reason the ipod decides that spontaneous combustion is par for the course. Or any other problem ipods have.

2) This will work with newest generation ipod classics which do not have rockbox available for it (yet)

3) The sync rate is much faster when compared to itunes, this is especially good for people who have alot of music to transfer.

Anyway the software suite is located on this website: http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php

Enjoy!

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 5
So basicly. your player is still locked and uses a proprietary database that locks in your songs.

Just the guard at the door is less ugly...

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes and no. Yes the songs are locked in to the ipod. Basically the transfer of songs is drag from whatever folder your media is stored in and sync, thats it.

I personally think its a vast improvement over itunes. But it doesn't allow you to use other formats that it does not natively support, so no FLAC or anything. As I stated before, its not a mod, just software. Software does have limitations, but its not a bad alternative. 

Jul 14, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Media monkey is a better option, and it can transcode as it copies files to the ipod/iphone. Sadly it can't convert flac to apple lossless, but it can convert to wav (if you have the capacity), or mp3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back