DPS and T-amp?
Jun 23, 2008 at 6:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

velingara

New Head-Fier
I have the 2007 Micro amp and dac. I've been thinking of upgrading to the Astrodyne power supplies, but I was thinking, with 6 outputs, could the DPS be used to drive the amp and dac, and also an efficient T-amp, like the KingRex. The KingRex has an optional external power supply which outputs 12.9v, and I believe the DPS outputs 15v. Also, the DPS uses a 5 pin cable, and the Kingrex uses the smaller single plug.

If a cable could be made to fit, does this make sense? I am wondering what those other outputs on the DPS could be used for to justify it over the astrodyne for the non-ultra amp and dac.

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by velingara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the 2007 Micro amp and dac. I've been thinking of upgrading to the Astrodyne power supplies, but I was thinking, with 6 outputs, could the DPS be used to drive the amp and dac, and also an efficient T-amp, like the KingRex. The KingRex has an optional external power supply which outputs 12.9v, and I believe the DPS outputs 15v. Also, the DPS uses a 5 pin cable, and the Kingrex uses the smaller single plug.

If a cable could be made to fit, does this make sense? I am wondering what those other outputs on the DPS could be used for to justify it over the astrodyne for the non-ultra amp and dac.

The 6-output HeadRoom DPS [utilizing 5-pin DIN connections] certainly can be very well-employed for superb power for the HeadRoom Micro and Desktop Amp products. In fact, the deep 'Class-A' Ultra Micro units will fully maximize their superb sound quality potential when powered by our DPS compared to the provided wall-wart ps or even versus the excellent Astrodyne 'international-use' PS.

However, we've not seen many other audio components in current production that use the 5-pin power receptacle so it may be difficult to find other devices capable of exploiting the sound quality benefits of the DPS...
confused.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back