DP-X1A EQ Settings - Onboard the Bass Train
Aug 13, 2017 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

garetjax27

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for help setting up my EQ to maximize the bass from my music. I listen to quite a bit of EDM, and was hoping that those with this DAP wouldn't mind sharing their favorite EQ settings that allowed the bass to really shine without taking anything away from the rest of the music.

Aug 14, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm looking for help setting up my EQ to maximize the bass from my music. I listen to quite a bit of EDM, and was hoping that those with this DAP wouldn't mind sharing their favorite EQ settings that allowed the bass to really shine without taking anything away from the rest of the music.

The easiest way to understand how to EQ is by reading up. You headphones have a certain "sound signature". You can only eq withing the limits of what the headphone can do. Speaker example: You cannot EQ 30Hz into a small bookshelf speaker. There won't be more bass, you will just see the membrane moving like "crazy".

What headphones do you have?

Basic rules: Cut to make it sound better, boost to make it sound different. So in your case, cut everything that doesn't sound like bass. (Everything above 50/ 80/ 100 / 200Hz depending on taste)

Remember: Most modern digital files on most modern dacs don't like +EQ because they don't have enough headroom.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks very much for your reply!

The headphones I have are IEMs, Ultimate Ears TripeFi 10. Admittedly, these aren't likely the best option for bass compared to over/on the ears, but still, I'd like to do what I can to get a better bass response through the DP-X1A EQ settings.

That said, do you have a specific resource in mind where an audio neophyte can read up on all things EQ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back