downtempo electronica thread
Jan 18, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #62 of 247
Found this today while on Pitchfork, if anyone is interested. Thought it fit nicely for this thread. Some very nice down tempo electronica which flows nicely.

Kind of a low bit rate, but hey it is free...
Music for Our Future

I really liked the first track by Lucine, anyone know anything about them.

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #63 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's Lusine or Lusine Icl...real name's Jeff something. His music can be anywhere from crunchy IDM to sparse, minimal ambient. He's definitely worth checking out if you're into guys like Loess, Bola, Arovane and Tipper.

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #64 of 247
Quote:

Found this today while on Pitchfork, if anyone is interested. Thought it fit nicely for this thread. Some very nice down tempo electronica which flows nicely.

Music for Our Future

It's interesting, kind of a wide span from pop-electronica to indie sounding to ambient. 160kbps isn't bad for free, sounds okay over speakers. Thanks for the link.

Previously I was listening to Chris Zippel, aka Genuine - Nu Ambient Grooves, vol. 1&2, definitely worth checking out if you can find the CDs - I think unfortunately they're out of print.

here's the amazon mp3 pages with the audio previews:
Nu Ambient Grooves 1:
Amazon.com: Nu Ambient Grooves: Chris Zippel Aka Genuine: MP3 Downloads

Nu Ambient Grooves 1:
Amazon.com: Nu Ambient Grooves 2: Chris Zippel Aka Genuine: MP3 Downloads

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #66 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[YOUTUBE]

nice!

Here's a Starseeds video I made a couple years ago - in linux, on the command line!
ph34r.gif
I don't know how I did it- I probably couldn't do it again if I tried.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

YouTube - Heavensairportcoffeeshoprestaurant

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #69 of 247
Quote:

Music for Our Future

Thanks for the link...Very nice.
I'm getting nervous about this thread...It looks like I'm just mooching all the freebies you guys have linked to (true! and many thanks for the links
tongue.gif
), but I seem to already have most of the CD's named! Either I got lucky with that or we all have the same awesome taste! I'm going with the latter theory
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #71 of 247
Quote:

Man I wish I was in your boat, this thread has started a pretty unrealistic wishlist for me.

So much great music out there...

True dat! So much music, so little time...

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #73 of 247
Not sure it's been mentionned, but I heartily recommend Dreams in Stereo by Zero Cult!

Also, check out Trifonic ( trifonic.com ) for some awesome idm/downtempo music. Emergence was my favorite album of 2008!

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #74 of 247
Some old school ambient and downtempo:

The first Kraftwerk albums
Vangelis
Bryan Eno
Klaus Schulze
Lori Anderson
And of course, Richard H Kirk from Cabaret Voltaire, who's made wonderful music for the past 30 years.

On the darker side, there's
Coil
Current 93
Some of the Residents creations
Dead Can Dance (most things on 4AD label)
This Mortal Coil

Some more esoteric stuff:
Throbbing Gristle
Psychic TV
Chris and Cosey
SPK

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #75 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure it's been mentionned, but I heartily recommend Dreams in Stereo by Zero Cult!

Also, check out Trifonic ( trifonic.com ) for some awesome idm/downtempo music. Emergence was my favorite album of 2008!

This thread is just amazing. Thanks for the link buddy...... Downloading that album now in Apple Lossless
eek.gif

Got my limited copies of Air, Water and Fire yesterday from Ultimae have you got these yet? Full of the stuff we like - Aes Dana, Ra, Hybrid Leisureland, Chronos, Zymosis etc.. Just brilliant compilations. I love this
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back