Jan 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #16 of 247
I really like the Rekevin - Peacock album

Jan 4, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #17 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aes Dana & lots of the Ultimae Stuff.
Adham Shaikh
Kuba
Angel Tears (any of Seb Taylor's stuff i.e. Kaya Project)

Oh yes, that's the stuff up there... Will skip all of Ultimae's roster since I would name them all.. :

Distant System ("formerly" Androcell, very Carbon Based Lifeforms), Androcell, Orchid-Star, Orthonorma, Shpongle, Shulman, Entheogenic, Yggdrasil, Vibrasphere, Astral Waves, Chronos, Master Margherita, Younger Brother, Ott, Chilling Matenda, Elea, Human Blue's "Diskovery Channel", Zero Cult, Side Liner, Ailo, Aural Float, Eat Static's "Back to Earth", Hibernation, Kilowatts, Koan, Moshic, Puff Dragon, Subsonic Park, Trifonic, Banco de Gaia etc etc........ hehe you hit my fav genre there with this topic
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #18 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yes, that's the stuff up there... Will skip all of Ultimae's roster since I would name them all.. :

Distant System ("formerly" Androcell, very Carbon Based Lifeforms), Androcell, Orchid-Star, Orthonorma, Shpongle, Shulman, Entheogenic, Yggdrasil, Vibrasphere, Astral Waves, Chronos, Master Margherita, Younger Brother, Ott, Chilling Matenda, Elea, Human Blue's "Diskovery Channel", Zero Cult, Side Liner, Ailo, Aural Float, Eat Static's "Back to Earth", Hibernation, Kilowatts, Koan, Moshic, Puff Dragon, Subsonic Park, Trifonic, Banco de Gaia etc etc........ hehe you hit my fav genre there with this topic
biggrin.gif

Forgot Androcell, only just been listening
smily_headphones1.gif
man there is some brilliant stuff there. The golden nugget in that pot is Yggdrasil for me though........ One day I logged onto Discogs and some guy had written a review quoting the sound as similar to Shpongle I got the album and have played it every day for the past 3 weeks just blindin'.

Most of the Koan stuff by the way can be downloaded 'Legally' FOC.....

Nice one.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #19 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot Androcell, only just been listening
smily_headphones1.gif
man there is some brilliant stuff there. The golden nugget in that pot is Yggdrasil for me though........ One day I logged onto Discogs and some guy had written a review quoting the sound as similar to Shpongle I got the album and have played it every day for the past 3 weeks just blindin'.

I found Yggdrasil from the same place... But what got me into acquiring it was the comments on psynews.org
smily_headphones1.gif

Listening to Elea - Stellar Connection right now... looooove that album man... God I love that genre of music.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 247
I forgot to mention Mouse on Mars, Aphex Twin, Múm, Fever Ray is also nice, but not necessarily ambient. What you're calling downtempo for me is more like Kruder and Dorfmeister and all that Viennese lounge.

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #23 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite Trip-Hop album is "Impasse" by French artists Smoking After:

AFAIK (sadly) the band doesn't exist anymore, but you can legally download the album from Jamendo for free.

Nice link, thanks. Just downloaded it now and am listening to the first track.

Another Thievery Corp. fan here...just love them.

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #24 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite Trip-Hop album is "Impasse" by French artists Smoking After

Thanks for the tip ; I listened to the samples and downloaded it. You might be interested in another French downtempo act :

Io'n - Paris-Passay

Io'n - Paris-Passay (CD, Album, Dig) at Discogs

Love that album!

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #25 of 247
I also heartily recommend the following free album from Krister Linder (who has sang for various electronica acts ; I found out about him from I AWAKE and Vibrasphere, but the song I remember the most is from Seba's album Return to Forever called "Blaze and Fade Out", simply gorgeous) ; Songs from the Silent Years

KRISTER LINDER - SONGS FROM THE SILENT YEARS

Love the guy's voice.

Jan 6, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #27 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by userlander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kruder & Dorfmeister

Don't forget Tosca!

I also really like Rena Jones. She has her full albums available to listen to here: Rena Jones

And you can purchase them in a variety of formats including FLAC and Apple Lossless on her site as well - pay "any price" you want as long as it's at least $10.00
confused_face_2.gif

I haven't given her new album a full listen, but I really really liked Driftwood. I thought that tracks 2,3, and 4 all stood out in particular. Check it out!

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #28 of 247
After mentioning Koan (which I haven't listened to for a while) I went back and play some of their stuff and forgot just how good this stuff is........... Just brilliant, brilliant Chillout. Loads of the stuff is free to download including some mixes and EP's. You can listen to the new stuff and get all the free stuff here. Enjoy & post back if it floats ya boat!

Jan 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #29 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also heartily recommend the following free album from Krister Linder (who has sang for various electronica acts ; I found out about him from I AWAKE and Vibrasphere, but the song I remember the most is from Seba's album Return to Forever called "Blaze and Fade Out", simply gorgeous) ; Songs from the Silent Years

KRISTER LINDER - SONGS FROM THE SILENT YEARS

Love the guy's voice.

Great call and thanks for the link...downloaded and listening to it now. You are right - he sure has an unique voice.

This thread IS a goldmine...keep 'em coming.

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #30 of 247
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget Tosca!

yes, Tosca.
smily_headphones1.gif

some more, going through my last.fm library:
Leftfield
Telepopmusik (breathe is one of my all time favorite songs)
not sure if anyone said Ulrich Schnauss
Thunderball
Fragile State
Deep Dive Corp.
Higher Intelligence Agency
dZihan & Kamien
DJ Food
Lemon Jelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back