Download/Buy Music sites?
Jan 24, 2005 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nikos

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone know which are the least expensive and have the best quality sound (mp3/wav)?

How is Walmart and other Music Services? Which is the cheapest and which places have the best quality music for download (in terms of sound quality)?

Thanks

Jan 24, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 7
If you do a search, tons of a threads will come up on it but yeah, I can vouch for allofmp3. I believe they just changed it to $0.02 /mb and they offer MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, FLAC, .WAV(uncompressed). It's so cheap because it works on some loophole in Russian law.

Jan 24, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mustang
If you do a search, tons of a threads will come up on it but yeah, I can vouch for allofmp3. I believe they just changed it to $0.02 /mb and they offer MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, FLAC, .WAV(uncompressed). It's so cheap because it works on some loophole in Russian law.

What do you mean by this? Can you make as many copies on your other computers/cds as you want? Or is it only copyable 2-3 times?

Also what does ONLINE encoding mean?

This is completely legal for US peoples right?

Jan 25, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikos
What do you mean by this? Can you make as many copies on your other computers/cds as you want? Or is it only copyable 2-3 times?

Also what does ONLINE encoding mean?

This is completely legal for US peoples right?

Yes, you can make as many copies as you want. There is no DRM like iTunes and whatnot.

Online encoding refers to the method they use to convert the music you want into the format you want. For example, for some CDs, they have the CD-DA uncompressed wavs (lossless) and you can pick what format you want to download it in. If you choose, lame -aps mp3, it converts it to that. That's what the encoding part refers to.

As far as the legality issues go, yes I believe it is legal. I'm sure the RIAA would have taken action otherwise but I am not 100% sure. Whether it is ethical on the other hand you will have to decide...

Jan 25, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 7
What are the best quality mp3s/wavs to download in.

For example if it has a song up to 384kbps, what type of 384kbps should I download (which compression scheme)?

Can someone lay it out a bit as far as how to go about downloading songs at the best quality available, but will also work in winamp or most media players?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back