Downgrading
Jun 9, 2005 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

South_Korean

1000+ Head-Fier
this may be upsetting to some. but after all the help u guys gave me, all the insight, opinion, experiences, pics, and comments, i have finally decided to go low end of things. i choose......(sigh)..... the Sony MZH-600D. i mean, i finally thought that, i dont need something as nice as the zen or irivers. this is simple enough for me. maybe ill get the higher model with FM tuner remote. lol.... dont be mad guys, im running a tight budget, and there are things i need fast. this summer i am working a farm with my dad, and if i dont have somehting to listen to for 13 hours then im done. have any of u ever tried amping a minidisc player? i forget but im sure this series has lineout on some models.

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 16
We promise we won't shoot you
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
get this.....amazon.co.uk are selling the NH1 cheaper than the NH600!

they are restricted from selling to canada. but thanks anyways.

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 16
What is that exactly? I have a MZ RH910 myself. Whenever I have to do any transferring, I start thinking about other products I could have bought for the same price. I don't think anyone exists who likes SonicStage. Other than that, it is a great player/recorder.

Jun 9, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 16
i dont mind the transfer rate, what else is wrong with? ive had experience but only used it once, so i couldnt find any problems.

Jun 10, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 16
if anyone has any suggestions as to help me make a better or smarter purchase than this, feel welcome.

Jun 10, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 16
There's nothing wrong with NH600, but as some poster said, the NH1 can be had for less than NH600 (at least for Britons). The NH1 provides these additional benefits:

1. 3 line remote, very useful
2. HD Digital Amp. It's a colored sound (adding a bit more to the mid-highs to the highs), but adds a bit of that extra goodness.
3. Much smaller and thinner form, all metal (magnesium) body.
4. Replaceable Li-Ion battery

The biggest advantage for HiMD units is its advantage to record from nearly any source (certain digital signals and nearly all analog sources) as so long as you have the right cables! Give that a try, and see how nifty it is.

As an insult to injury, the RH710 (replaces the NH600/700 units) is cheaper than the 600. You, being in Canada, can get the RH710 with recording abilities (unlike here in the US). If you can exchange the NH600 for RH710, then go for it. It will net you some extra cash, maybe, and native MP3 playback.

Jun 10, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #13 of 16
im not in europe areas so im stuck with 600D.unless i can find the next model up with the FM tuner remote.

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:42 PM Post #14 of 16
Previously ''camaronkazi''; I recently had an HDD crash and lost my login and my spamable email login, so a new identity for me.

I'm not trying to steer you away from the HI-MD player. Just making sure you are aware of the file transfer limitations. The annoying one for me is being only able to transfer audio from the player once. Having had the player (MZ-RH910) for a couple of months now, I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the same price range (I wouldn't mind an additional player though).

I have it paired with Shure E2 phones. I get great results with piano music and many of the jazz tracks I listen to but with hiphop the kick drum always tends to sound like cardboard. A great rig though. I mostly use it on the underground to and from work and can hear everything clearly at half volume.

Jun 15, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
im not in europe areas so im stuck with 600D.unless i can find the next model up with the FM tuner remote.

The reseller that you're buying the HiMD unit from has not kept up with the times. (For all I know, that reseller might have been a small Mom-and-Pop operation which has an extremely low customer turnover or a drugstore which does not sell very many electronics, either of which keeps outdated old stock for much longer than everyone else.) Even SonyStyle's Canadian site does not list the NH600D any more. It is last year's model that's now discontinued.

There is no current (this year's model) MD unit from Sony which has a radio tuner remote. (The SonyStyle Canada site still lists the NHF800, with a radio tuner remote - but that model's a holdover from last year.) The new models which replace last year's HiMD line in North America (including Canada) are the MZ-DH710, the MZ-RH910 and the MZ-RH10. The DH710, like the NH600D, allows "recording" only from a USB-equipped Windows PC (and cannot record from any other source).

Here in the US, at the price point at which the NH600D debuted last year, you can get the RH910 (which can record from an external source other than a PC) today (based on Sony Electronics USA's MSRP).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back