Downgrading help
Jan 31, 2007 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FooTemps

500+ Head-Fier
Alright, the truth is that I've already downgraded (I sold my SR225, iPod, and PA2v2, used a pengamp for a little too but it was just borrowed.) and I am currently using my KSC75s and my Meizu stock earbuds. It's currently driving me nuts how badly I want some new gear but I have several curiosities that I want to address...

Panasonic RP-HTX7: they look sexy and are said to compete with the k81dj
Yuin PK2: I can't help but be curious about these Chinese bud-killers
iGrado: been a fan of Grado ever since I demoed the SR325i
Kramer modded e2c: the whole IEM wave this year has gotten me interested in IEMs regardless of how much I dislike them.

How do all of those compare to each other UNAMPED. The UNAMPED is key because I am going to use these for my portable (meizu m6) and I don't want to carry around an amp anymore. My budget is 80 MAX so don't throw any "if you add *some random denomination of money* you can buy *some other better headphone*" suggestions around. I am clearly stating I want to downgrade from the setup I once had. (aka cheaper cans, no amp)

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 7
eek.gif

....why?

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 7
For the only can i can have on a budget(ish), i'd pick the yuin
Easy to carry around, share-able, and easily sounds better than the rest of the others you mention (never heard PK2, but approximating from PK1 vs PK2 reviews)

You know you want to
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 7
Okay, since I'm already asking about headphones...

about my second set after the PK2s... I'm looking for a closed can/IEM. I'll have even less money to work with but give me any budget minded set of headphones as suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back