Downgrade-itis....
May 31, 2006 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been thoroughly enjoying my E4's around the house but was looking to get another pair of IEM's for knocking around outside and doing dirty work. (I'm probably overly-careful with the E4').

Isolation is key, no amps. Been wondering what the fuss was over ER6i's and since they can now be had for about $70, it's tempting. Will I be dissapointed and kicking myself coming from E4's? Anybody have both or done a similar move that could comment? Will ER6i bass be less than E4? That could be a problem whereas I think the E4 bass is adequate for me but any less might bother me.

Downgrading the E4's and saving $300+ for an upgrade is probably not an option.

May 31, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #2 of 12
Check out the Altec Lansing iM716 as well. They can be found pretty cheap and compare favorably with the ER6i.

May 31, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 12
I doubt that you will like the bass on the ER 6i, it's somewhat lacking in my experience.
eek.gif

May 31, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 12
Actually, why sacrifice any sound, huh?

I should stop babying the E4's and use them every chance I get, especially with a 2 year warranty. If something goes bad Shure would cover a replacement. By the time the warranty runs out I should have saved enough for E600' or 700's.
eggosmile.gif

May 31, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Check out the Altec Lansing iM716 as well. They can be found pretty cheap and compare favorably with the ER6i.

Good suggestion but I would hesitate to blanketly recommend it due to its inefficency. If his player puts out a good deal of juice, iM716 is perfect. If not, Id look elsewhere. My DAP puts out barely enough to function but to actually use the thing happily, I need an amp.

May 31, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro
Actually, why sacrifice any sound, huh?

I should stop babying the E4's and use them every chance I get, especially with a 2 year warranty. If something goes bad Shure would cover a replacement. By the time the warranty runs out I should have saved enough for E600' or 700's.
eggosmile.gif

I think you are on to something. I once had almost a compulsion to be overly cautious with my *nice* possessions, behavior which, ironically, detracted from my enjoyment of them. I'm different now.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back