Downgrade from Onkyo TX NR905 7.1ch to any 5.1ch HTR... Any advice?
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ajai_dev

New Head-Fier
I love my Onkyo NR905 but it uses a lot of electricity and since its active almost the whole day "Linked to the DTH service". The 7.1ch is overkill for most DTH services and only really used in some Blu-rays :p

So i am thinking of downgrading to a good 5.1ch Home Theater Receiver that has a low profile and eats less electricity.

I had a look at Denon S-5BD but it has blu-ray player which i don't need. Main points of importance are less electricity usage and lower profile of the system.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
I love my Onkyo NR905 but it uses a lot of electricity and since its active almost the whole day "Linked to the DTH service". The 7.1ch is overkill for most DTH services and only really used in some Blu-rays :p
So i am thinking of downgrading to a good 5.1ch Home Theater Receiver that has a low profile and eats less electricity.
I had a look at Denon S-5BD but it has Blu-ray player which i don't need. Main points of importance are less electricity usage and lower profile of the system.

Yamaha RX-A700, good price, comes with Silent Cinema (surround sound for headphones), cheapest Yamaha receiver with the better amplifiers.
3-year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back