Down to 2 choice, can't decide !
Jan 18, 2005 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
It's between The iRiver H120 and the iAudio M3.

ihp120large5py.jpg

Vs

m3large18zv.jpg

I like the screen on the player itself on the iriver, and the fact that it comes with external mic too. But a built in one is good enough in for me, thou having a built in mic is very important as i will use it to record lectures. The iriver also have 4 hours longer battery life but no USB charging (no cradle ?).

Where the iaudio is thinner by 5mm plus its lighter by 1/3 of the iriver. Price wise i found the iriver to be £15 cheaper but if the iaudio justified it, i can stretch it to that much.

What is the difference between Lithium Polymer to Lithium Ion? I never heard of Lithium Polymer before.

I can't really decide which to get !!!!!!!

anyone care to pursued me to one or the other?

What i require is

1 - Record lectures
2 - Store Mp3 and decent sound
3 - good built quality
4 - be able to use it as external HD to store anything i want
5 - Drag and Drop music

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 20
The iaudio looks like you could keep it your pocket without turning on keylock, and not need the remote to change songs, while the iRiver would need the remote.

That's what i like about the dedicated buttons on my Zen Touch, i can change songs while it's in my pocket w/o a remote.

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
You might want to wait for the Iaudio X5(color screen) or M5(non color)

Should have everything you are looking for. If you can't wait then I say get the Iaudio M3. It may actually be beneficial to wait as prices will drop once the new players are introduced.

Completely aggree
smily_headphones1.gif
, that is if your lectures can wait
k1000smile.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #5 of 20
The iriver meets all of your requirements...but the one thing it does lack is style, if you can live with that then go for it. Oh, and firmware updates are non existant, but the things you need won't be affected by that.

With that said, I like my iriver very much, BUT for the design...IMO INNO couldn't design their way out of a paper bag.

Jan 19, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

The iaudio looks like you could keep it your pocket without turning on keylock, and not need the remote to change songs, while the iRiver would need the remote.

That's what i like about the dedicated buttons on my Zen Touch, i can change songs while it's in my pocket w/o a remote

i use my h120 in my pocket basically all the time, and changing songs with out the remote is super easy. the joy stick controls that alot of people hate is great and very easy to use through clothing. just simple click to the right and boom next song. i rarely use the remote anyway, but it does come with one and its great since most if not all functions can be used via the remote.

also i dont know much about the m3, but it doesnt appear to have a lcd on the unit which seems to make it very remote dependant and if your dont want it, lose it, or break it have fun using it :p

Jan 19, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
You might want to wait for the Iaudio X5(color screen) or M5(non color)

Should have everything you are looking for. If you can't wait then I say get the Iaudio M3. It may actually be beneficial to wait as prices will drop once the new players are introduced.

when is that out?

Jan 19, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 20
I've read on iAudiophile.net that it's probably going to be released March/April. No proof though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'm talking about the M5. The X5 (which will cost more, and you don't really need its features), is set to be released February.

Jan 20, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #10 of 20
never use it, but messing around just i gave up after 3 minutes in mp3 at 320, i assume its all space based.

Jan 20, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
can someone tell me the time limit on the voice recording function on the iriver

not sure about the hd player, but my iriver flash player records until the drive is full

Jan 20, 2005 at 9:37 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
can someone tell me the time limit on the voice recording function on the iriver

For .wav recording it is about 800Mb, so it works out about 70-80 minutes, but for mp3 the limit is 200Mb, but at lower bitrates (128kbps) this could be well over 4 hours.

As far as I can tell both players meet your requirements. Both have a built in mic, but the iRiver does come with the external mic too. The M3 has the ability to create playlists on the fly, which the iRiver lacks.

As to the difference between lithium-poly and lithium-ion batteries, well the poly battery is solid state with smaller electrodes and able to hold more charge per unit volume. Also they are safer and don't suffer as badly with memory as lithium-ion batteries.

Jan 20, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #15 of 20
If you really want the HP120 you can still find it at some online stores. But be ready to pay a lot for one, they've jacked up the price like crazy, some cost more then the H320.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back