Down the rabbit hole
Jul 29, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #61 of 82
From their official website:
"Beside our mainstream amplifiers, like the Espressivo and Elise we specialize in custom made projects, designing them to meet customer’s requirements. If you are interested in a custom made amplifier please contact us at info@feliksaudio.pl or via form contact for a quote."

So I just started inquiring. Let's see where it will lead. Probably need to find a buyer for my Octave V16 first though.
Ah I see. Thanks for that info.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #62 of 82
More and more chatter about an Audeze LCD-5. Trying to figure when to put my LCD-4 up for sale.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #64 of 82
Jul 29, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #65 of 82
More and more chatter about an Audeze LCD-5. Trying to figure when to put my LCD-4 up for sale.
Darn it for you, if senn comes out with a new flagship for hd800S, well the left click finger will get some action

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #66 of 82
From their official website:
"Beside our mainstream amplifiers, like the Espressivo and Elise we specialize in custom made projects, designing them to meet customer’s requirements. If you are interested in a custom made amplifier please contact us at info@feliksaudio.pl or via form contact for a quote."

So I just started inquiring. Let's see where it will lead. Probably need to find a buyer for my Octave V16 first though.
I'm super interested, please keep us posted on how this works out! :relaxed:

Jul 29, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #67 of 82
They’re probably be releasing an e-stat soon, and not an LCD-5. Torq posted something about it elsewhere. They were talking about doing something more radical than the LCD-R. I don’t think an LCD-5 meets that criteria, but an electrostatic from Audeze with adequate bass (hopefully) does in my mind.

I hope they release an LCD-5 soon too, but I dunno. We shall see soon though :L3000:

Jul 29, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #68 of 82
Already announced by Sankar of Audeze in a podcast. Estat with carbon nano tubes. Price is $4300 without an energizer. Totally irrelevant for me. Maybe I will buy a new car instead!

Jul 29, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #69 of 82
I recently upgraded to the Antipodes K50 (from a Innuos Zenith Mk3 and Phoenix USB). It’s kind of amazing how it makes everything more dynamic and clear. It’s so transparent that it picks out flaws in recordings that I didn’t hear before. With an album that has been mixed and mastered well, the K50 is amazing. But, I listen to a lot of hip-hop, and much of it is poorly recorded. The K50 has made that more apparent (for better or worse). :thinking:

So, rabbit-hole wise, I’ve been playing around with the different options that can be used on the K50. Like Roon player vs Squeezelite. I don’t know why different software and players would make a difference (and before the K50, I thought it was all nonsense), but it does.

I might scrap Roon altogether and use other server software. I like having Tidal and Quobuz integrated with my local files, but honestly, if I like an album I’ve heard on a streaming platform I buy it so I can have a local file. I’ve found that local files sound better than streamed albums.

I dunno, I’ve just entered this player and server software rabbit-hole. We’ll have to see where it takes me

Jul 29, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #70 of 82
Already announced by Sankar of Audeze in a podcast. Estat with carbon nano tubes. Price is $4300 without an energizer. Totally irrelevant for me. Maybe I will buy a new car instead!
If it’s good enough, I might finally be able to justify buying the Woo Audio 3ES. And if that happens I guess it opens up a whole new realm of headphones (Stax, Hifiman, etc.). I’m interested in learning more about this new Audeze E-stat

Jul 30, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #71 of 82
If it’s good enough, I might finally be able to justify buying the Woo Audio 3ES. And if that happens I guess it opens up a whole new realm of headphones (Stax, Hifiman, etc.). I’m interested in learning more about this new Audeze E-stat
Yeah I am trying to resist, doing just that :D

Maybe I should add E-Stat energizer to the custom Feliks amplifier request 🤔

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #72 of 82
They’re probably be releasing an e-stat soon, and not an LCD-5. Torq posted something about it elsewhere. They were talking about doing something more radical than the LCD-R. I don’t think an LCD-5 meets that criteria, but an electrostatic from Audeze with adequate bass (hopefully) does in my mind.

I hope they release an LCD-5 soon too, but I dunno. We shall see soon though :L3000:
The e-stat may get my attention if it has the LCD bass...but without that bass, not so much.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #73 of 82
The e-stat may get my attention if it has the LCD bass...but without that bass, not so much.
Yeah I got hopes that this might become the first E-Stat that manages Bass like the He1.

Bass is the strong suit of Audeze, hope they can keep it up.

If it doesn't deliver in the Bass Departement my interest will be gone as well

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #75 of 82
If you want mo bass he6 was it for me testing hifi familly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back