Douk Audio HiFi 5654, how long till it sounds not horrible?
Feb 21, 2022 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MoWe

Head-Fier
Hi guys!

Been away for some time and haven't spent much time and money in audio but now, I got interested and purchased my first tube amp. It is a tube preamp, Douk Audio HiFi 5654. I got it today, unpacked it, checked the tubes if they are foggy (which they aren't), plugged them in, then plugged my tcm turntable into the preamp and my Grado SR60 in the AUX-out. Fired it up and got bashed with a sound, as if my old fm radio was sitting in the furthest away corner, with barely a signal.

Is it a question of warm up for the tubes and it should be gone in a few hours or did I get a bad sample or is my combination of audio gear a problem? I did try connecting the Douk to my Yamaha RX-V340 Receiver powering my KEF Q100 and got the same result.

Any idea?

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi.

No, sadly not. It was simply bad research on my side. I you plug in 0.316 Volts Line-out into 0.005 Volt Phono in, the signal is just to strong.

I did sent it back today and ordered a tube amp with line-in instead of phono... Sometimes it is important to check out the basics before getting carried away.

This thread can be closed, please.

Cheers,

MoWe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back