Doug Schneider's (Soundstage.com) write-up of the Chicago meeting.
Jan 3, 2002 at 7:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

reynman

500+ Head-Fier
Check it out and enjoy:

http://www.soundstage.com/traveler/

Yes, I'm the geek proudly holding up the JMT built CHA47 (Altoids version). I received quite a few ooohhs and ahhs when I shared it with fellow Head-fiers. Thanks JMT!

Thanks again to Tyll and Danny for making the long trek to Chicago and Detroit.

Regards - reynman

Jan 3, 2002 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 19
Will ya look at that. We're news! Think about that for a moment, boys.

Jan 3, 2002 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 19
Thanks again Tyll,I had a great time.Will you be at CES Las Vegas?I didn't see you guys mentioned in any of the product literature as exhibitors.

Jan 3, 2002 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 19
Wait a minute. There's no bathroom in that trailer/office?

Jan 3, 2002 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 19
Now that's some good press, for Headroom and Head-fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 19
Great write up. I hope this will bring more people into our hobby.

(P.S.- nice shirt Tyll !)

Jan 4, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #9 of 19
That was great, Rey........thank you for posting it. You've really whet my appetite for Headroom's appearance at the annual Stereophile Show in NYC this Spring......I can't wait!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2002 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 19
I'll be there with my digicam!

George

Jan 4, 2002 at 4:13 AM Post #12 of 19
By the way, where can i find info regarding this years show?

George

Jan 4, 2002 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 19
Anyone notice on the HE02 opening page,right side,Danny from Headroom ?
And all headphone geeks or audio gearheads in general within driving distance really should attempt to make the show.I went last year and had a blast,thinking of getting early reservations at the Hilton and doing the entire weekend this year.It really is too much for one afternoon.
Headroom had the ideal room.Ground level,right after the registration booth.You want to talk about popular ? This room (big and well layed out btw) was always packed and some that never considered headphones as high end gear were convinced otherwise (from the chatter heard outside the room).
The display was the original of the traveling showroom they use for headfi meets,plus the infamous "wall of cans" was there.
I just wish I never listened to the Orpheus or stax omega,nothing has sounded the same since.
frown.gif

And for those that go,bring a daypack or shoulder bag for all the crap / literature you will be gathering .I had to scramble just to obtain a cheesy little plastic bag (I did bring my portable rig though,pissed a few exhibitors off when I pluuged in
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Jan 4, 2002 at 3:45 PM Post #15 of 19
Ooh, I might actually be able to go this year, since I'll finally be done w/ college right before the Expo!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back