DoTA
Jan 19, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #91 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I've been disconnected a few times...usually with a fatal error window waiting for me after I get the boot.

that's you getting the hacked boot i think!

Jan 19, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #92 of 166
That's happened to be back then. Back then on Starcraft, it meant your cd's life is over and to get a new cd. =T Maybe having my Starcraft/Broodwar cd spin for 10 hours a day for 4 years straight = overused/burned out cd? But burning my original Broodwar cd again made that problem go away.

Yes, I burn my own games because I don't want to scratch the cd up. =T

Also, try reinstalling. It's funky like that. Bad RAM? Bad HD? Sectors going?

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #93 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's happened to be back then. Back then on Starcraft, it meant your cd's life is over and to get a new cd. =T Maybe having my Starcraft/Broodwar cd spin for 10 hours a day for 4 years straight = overused/burned out cd? But burning my original Broodwar cd again made that problem go away.

Yes, I burn my own games because I don't want to scratch the cd up. =T

Also, try reinstalling. It's funky like that. Bad RAM? Bad HD? Sectors going?

My guess would be possible overheating. Only happens with games, like war3. When MrSlacker returns from his vacation I'll talk to him about installing more fans. I think the ram/HDD is fine....it's also possibly the cd itself, I should make a copy and see if it stops.

Jahn,

What time do you wanna play tonight? Let me know
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #94 of 166
me and gloco on now 9pm est! look for gloco51 and "jahn."

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #95 of 166
just got off. wow. i always just goof on arem, but now that i'm on AP and learning just one hero, i'm getting better! i was on a winning team again, it was so fun at the end just killing buildings and if any tiny low level enemy threw themselves at me, i didn't even nuke - kept ultimate on full time and just destroyed them. AWESOME.

Jan 21, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #96 of 166
Glad you're getting better. I'll have to play with you again soon. I have a feeling it's the CD because it used to happen to my computer all of the time, and after I burned a new cd a few times, I just ripped the cd into an image and just mounted it with alcohol 120 and haven't had a problem since. when WC3 crashes at the end or in the middle of a game, it's usually because it was a long game. and when it crashes, it's not just you, everyone in your game crashes.

Jan 21, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #97 of 166
Oh wow dota headfiers. I'll love to join you guys but school is getting the best of me. I usually play em just because some games just gets way too long.

Jan 22, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #98 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you're getting better. I'll have to play with you again soon. I have a feeling it's the CD because it used to happen to my computer all of the time, and after I burned a new cd a few times, I just ripped the cd into an image and just mounted it with alcohol 120 and haven't had a problem since. when WC3 crashes at the end or in the middle of a game, it's usually because it was a long game. and when it crashes, it's not just you, everyone in your game crashes.

Yeah, I definitely need to burn the cd and see what happens. I played a few games this weekend and all went well. Another thing that happens to me is that the damn game will just minimize on me! I don't get kicked out, I just maximize the screen again and keep playing...definitely some weird stuff going on.

Hey Jahn, lets try to get that game in tonight! Sorry I missed ya this weekend, I kept rocking out to games by myself or with a friend.

Mar 18, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #99 of 166
ok i definitely kick butt with 6.42 - lina's best pal is now the bloodstone. i haven't lost since i put that in my build!

Mar 18, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #101 of 166
Man the assault cuirass on Tiny is disgusting. Then I threw on that new spell reduction hood thing. Man.. unstoppable.

I tried getting bloodstone with the tinkerer, but once I got it, I stopped being really effective in killing enemies. Thus no charges = waste of all money sunken into the damn thing.

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #102 of 166
Assault is sick on Slardar. It really gives him what he needs (armor) for when he sprints. =]

Bloodstone so far is really good on Leshrac.

Hood is so f'in good. I played a game last night where it was 3 int, 1 agi, 1 str (Doom) and against my team and we all had Hoods. It was so f'in good. =]

Mar 19, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #103 of 166
Whoa, there's a DOTA thread here? I just started playing this game like a couple of months ago and I haven't really been playing any other games on the PC since. I play on USWest. It would be cool to play with some head-fi people some time.

Mar 19, 2007 at 12:19 PM Post #104 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa, there's a DOTA thread here? I just started playing this game like a couple of months ago and I haven't really been playing any other games on the PC since. I play on USWest. It would be cool to play with some head-fi people some time.

x2 I haven't seen this thread at all and I have been around for a while.

So are there any head-fiers on northrend?

Mar 19, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #105 of 166
Not that I know of. The people that have contributed in this thread have stopped playing I think, except gloco and Teerawit. I hardly see gloco on, but I play with Teera a few times a week.

BTW, we play on Azeroth USEast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back