Dorm room robbery!
Jan 3, 2009 at 1:34 PM Post #31 of 36
Nice ending indeed. And i agree with apatN, its the whole "gang" idea that makes them so intimidating. Its often best to leave things be, but there is a limit, and stealing goes way beyond that.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #32 of 36
The guy probably got what he deserved BUT...

Am I the only one who thinks petty theft isn't grounds for excessive violence? Especially of the 'knife-fi' variety as one person said.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #33 of 36
Great story. I'm glad you got your stuff back. My dorm room door locks automatically, and thank god. I would hate to get any of my stuff stolen.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy probably got what he deserved BUT...

Am I the only one who thinks petty theft isn't grounds for excessive violence? Especially of the 'knife-fi' variety as one person said.

Yeah, I agree. Shoving him around a bit would have been enough, but if you think about it, once people start that, they figure "Why not go just a bit further and make sure that he really gets the message?"

Whoever made that knife comment is clearly the type to stick around for a fight instead of flee; knives are primarily to be used as tools, not weapons. I still have to educate people on that whenever I pull out one of my knives from my pocket. I'm trying to cut a box open, and no, I don't go to college in the ghetto.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #35 of 36
I just realized this was a 6-7month old post lol. Regardless of how long ago it was posted, i'm glad you got all your gear back and a bit of justice was served
beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but I would of Called the cops and had his Ass charged anyway, once the price of stolen crap goes up enough he would walk out of college without a degree but a felony that will follow him around forever...not like a few black eyes which would be gone in a few weeks.

Wishful thinking
wink.gif

The police do a great job but even they would know the futility in trying to pin petty crimes down on someone and have it stick in the crim's mind. The guy had only to sell all the stolen goods and there is no other proof left. Maybe he then gets off with a warning and maybe a small fine to pay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back