Door-mounted Chin-up/Pull-up bar (fi?)
Aug 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #16 of 21
Im using this for about 6 months, work out at the gym lots but this is great, hooks into the door, no screws no damage, you only use the upper bar which is quite high off the ground.

Pull Up Bar, Chin Up Bar, Chinning Bar. Powerbar by Power Trainer Fitness, Gym Equipment

beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #18 of 21
Oh, here's a question that came to mind: Does anyone that's taller, probably a lot of males here, mind that the chin up bar isn't full height and one has to bend their legs a bit? Is it a problem at all?

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 21
Learn from my experience. Make sure that the bar is wery well fixed with the screws. Several years ago, a work colleague had bought one of those bars and "fixed" it in the door frame without using the provided screws, but just by pressure. And it worked... until one day. When I was up there, chin over the bar and knees flexed, the bar fell, I landed on my knees... => meniscus rupture, surgery etc. So fix the bar very well!

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Learn from my experience. Make sure that the bar is wery well fixed with the screws. Several years ago, a work colleague had bought one of those bars and "fixed" it in the door frame without using the provided screws, but just by pressure. And it worked... until one day. When I was up there, chin over the bar and knees flexed, the bar fell, I landed on my knees... => meniscus rupture, surgery etc. So fix the bar very well!

He probably didn't fix those wood screws to the studs in the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back