Don't you just love it when something you love breaks? (shure e2c content)
Jul 19, 2005 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
The offending picture:

DSC04774.jpg

What?
eek.gif

I was packing them away in their trusty hardcase and i suddenly noticed a piece of plastic on my lap...i quickly looked in the case and noticed the piece belonged to one of the "ear buds." Damnit! What the hell am i gonna use on my commute...my 7506's?! Oh hell no, not in this heat. I fired off an email to customer service@shure, hopefully they can help me out since they do fall within the warranty period. I purchased them earlier this year from Compuplus. Worse comes to worse, i'll just upgrade to the E4's
icon10.gif

Am i the first person to have this problem?

Oh...and to think i just tossed the registration and warranty cards out!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 9
Its a sign from the Audio Gods telling you to recable them.
tongue.gif
On serious note this seems like it happened to quite a few people and Shure has fixed / replaced them every time. The wire isn't broke so just put some glue on the pins and put it back together yourself if you want.

-Alex-

Jul 19, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 9
I was thinking about just using crazy glue, but lets see what shure says.

Jul 28, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 9
Update: I rec'd a brand new pair of e2c's in a blister pack with a new case and more foamies! Yay!

Plus a 2 year warranty which i'm assuming is normal.

Shure rocks
cool.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #7 of 9
Glad to see Shure come through. Still wondering how these broke as they seem to be pretty durable. Plastic is plastic, though. Easily better build quality than Etys, by a mile.

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbaldguy
Glad to see Shure come through. Still wondering how these broke as they seem to be pretty durable. Plastic is plastic, though. Easily better build quality than Etys, by a mile.

Believe me, i'm not exactly the incredible hulk but i do recall hearing the plastic housing squeak for a few weeks during each time i insert and removed the ear canal, but i was still stunned to see the piece of plastic snap off the way it did. I hope it doesn't happen again because it was just frustrating not having the e2c's around to listen to on the train and equally block out annoying train noise and babies crying.

Aug 2, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 9
just want to second [or third] that shure rocks when it comes to replacing e2cs. I received my 2nd replacement set this afternoon. for anyone else reading this thread wondering about the need for a warranty/receipt, all I've needed to do is print out this pdf form, fill it out and sent it along with the broken set.

from my conversation with them the first time around, shure says all they need to verify the warranty's currency is to look at a number printed on the l-shape connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back