Don't you just hate when this happens?
May 30, 2006 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
I've been reripping all my CD's with EAC, get to the last CD I need to do (Nine Inch Nails "With Teeth") and it's so far taken 2 hours and 35 minutes! the last 4 tracks or so must have a ton of scratches...

May 30, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 10
My local MVC was closing down, and I managed to pick up a ton of CD's for next to nothing, what they didn't tell me was that a lot of them were mistreated... still, I got With Teeth for less than £1! Anyways, it's finished now, it took 3 hours and 4 minutes
eek.gif

May 30, 2006 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 10
I tried to rip a brand-new-in-shrinkwrap With Teeth a week or so ago and EAC wouldn't do it. Well, maybe it would, but I didn't have the patience. It took two days to rip the first three tracks. I still haven't ripped it.

May 30, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 10
You guys think that's bad? Try ripping DVD-A. Spent over 5+ hours on a disc at one time or another, and that's a pretty standard time for a disc, hehe.

May 30, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 10
Well...A Pefect Circle's eMOTIVe is also hard to rip with its copy protection. The final result always turns up with pops and clicks for me. The CRCs never really match either. Oh well.

May 30, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #8 of 10
I have this cd, Paul van Dyk's Reflections, and if you just pop it in and try to rip it with EAC it takes 45 minutes for 1 track that ends up sounding really bad, but just holding down shift and while putting in the disc it works perfectly! It should work with the earlier forms of copy control.

May 30, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I tried to rip a brand-new-in-shrinkwrap With Teeth a week or so ago and EAC wouldn't do it. Well, maybe it would, but I didn't have the patience. It took two days to rip the first three tracks. I still haven't ripped it.

And it didn't give up??? That's amazing! I can't believe you had the patience for that.

Well, I the more frusterating thing is when a cd won't rip at all, or it will except for ONE FREAKING TRACK!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
ARGHH!
*breathing ecercises*
But I also found out that using a different drive if you have one can sometimes rip tracks that wouldn't rip before. Hooray for plextor.

May 30, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #10 of 10
Or you can change a simple registry entry or use TweakUI to disable Autoplay, which is what I done. It's a lot simpler that way, so you don't need to worry about stuff like Sony root-kits
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back