Don't want to remove IEM's every time someone talks with you?
Jul 25, 2016 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

geardoc

100+ Head-Fier
What do you do?

I was carrying the Shure Push to Hear microphone on my belt but it's big and uncomfortable by today's standards.  

Is there a small inline mic that does the same job?

(I searched for microphone and "push to hear" on the forums but only got old posts.)

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 5
  What do you do?

I was carrying the Shure Push to Hear microphone on my belt but it's big and uncomfortable by today's standards.  

Is there a small inline mic that does the same job?

(I searched for microphone and "push to hear" on the forums but only got old posts.)

I've been looking for the same thing without any luck.

I've been trying some apps on my Samsung smartphone but the latency was too big. I don't know if it was because I'm using a Bluetooth receiver with microphone or if Android was the cause of the latency.

If you're listening on an iPhone and have the phone in your shirt pocket (so the internal phone mic can pick up the sound) you might want to try and see if latency is acceptable on iOS.

Brgds...   /Thomas

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 5
So I've tried a bunch of apps and they all have delays (some more, some less) so I'm now looking for a hardware solution.

As the OP asks... is there a way to listen to "the outside world" without having to remove the IEM's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back