Don't want an ipod. Any audiophile alternatives?
Apr 7, 2007 at 12:57 PM Post #19 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shureman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still like Sony, but it no longer produce a high capacity player. I guess I would give Zune a try. Is the battery life claimed by Microsoft accurate?

Personally, I think battery life is the Zune's weakest point. I get nowhere near 14 hours. 8-10 hours on a full charge is what I get. But other people say they get 10-14 hours so the experience may vary.

Rick

Apr 7, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #20 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its all a pain. I prefer iriver/cowon products cause you can just plug em in and transfer files into the folders. They play almost any format and both have excellent rockbox support. You dont need any software installed and they work on windows/osx/linux. Not to mention rockbox is flippin awesome. ...

Support iRiver and Cowon - open format and ease of use, linux/mac/windoze!

Keep it open or the forces of darkness will take over...

Apr 7, 2007 at 1:32 PM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

I still like Sony, but it no longer produce a high capacity player. I guess I would give Zune a try. Is the battery life claimed by Microsoft accurate?

The A3000 is still widely availble here in the Netherlands, probably easy to find on line.
I got one, sound quality is superb, and it looks really sey in reality. Sonic Stage 4.3 is not bad at all anymore.
However, the A3000 has disadbvantages; it is slow, has short batterylife and the screen is unreadable in the sun.
But again, SQ is top!

Apr 7, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

I have a Sony HD5 for a while and it just died on me. I can't stand the flat sound of ipod. Any suggestion? Thanks,
580smile.gif

Well, I never recommend SONY players to those that haven't braved SONY software, but chances are you're used to it. If you can find one, I bet you can pick up an A3000 for cheap, or maybe even a discounted HD5.

I have an A3000, and while it does plenty of things to piss me off, it sure sounds good.

Apr 8, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #23 of 53
The HDD player on my sig. Battery life with Wifi off and backlight of 5seconds get you between 10-14 hours. I'm on the tropics. your milleage will vary.

Apr 8, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #24 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I think battery life is the Zune's weakest point. I get nowhere near 14 hours. 8-10 hours on a full charge is what I get. But other people say they get 10-14 hours so the experience may vary.

Rick

Did you turn off wifi and reduce the backlight time ?
Are you using shuffle or any EQ ?

Apr 8, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #25 of 53
You don't want an iPod?!?! What're you, a Communist?!?!

Just kidding.... but it's true that for line-out options, it's tough to beat a machine with 70 percent of the market share.

Apr 8, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

I have a Sony HD5 for a while and it just died on me. I can't stand the flat sound of ipod. Any suggestion? Thanks,
580smile.gif

Anyone who knows about good sound doesn't like ipods. Ipods are for people that like bose speakers.
280smile.gif
A friend of mine wanted to give me an Ipod for free and I did not accept it. Creative products are way better products than any Ipod. Get the vision: M 60gb for like $263.00
The vision: M eats any Ipod!
http://shopper.cnet.com/portable-vid...ml?tag=prc_1_a

You can dump entire cds on the Vision: M. Specially the gold collections!

I attempted to correct my grammar for SwedeSound's sake. English is not my primery language, but I try to communicate.

Apr 8, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #27 of 53
Or, apparently, grammar for that matter...

Apr 8, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by judgmentday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone who knows about good sound don't like ipods. ipods are for people that like bose speakers.
280smile.gif
A friend of mine wanted to give me an ipod and I did not accept it. Creative products are way better products than any ipod. Get the vision: M 60gb for like $263.00
This one eats any ipod!!!
http://shopper.cnet.com/portable-vid...ml?tag=prc_1_a

You can dump entire cds, specially the gold collections!!!

ipods arent as bad as you think they are
rolleyes.gif

Apr 8, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_alfie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune doesn't support audio lossless whereas the iPod does. Thus the iPod wins in the audiophile aspect.

iPod also supports RockBox.

however, for the audiophile with everything in mp3 and no desire to rip it to a lossless format, the Zune wins that, at least for straight out of the headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back