Don't touch my headphones!! GRrr!
Jan 29, 2004 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Chinchy

1000+ Head-Fier
Does this ever happen to you? Let's say you're sitting at work doing something and listening to music. And a coworker comes up, and perhaps you know they're there, perhaps not. But they feel the need to either tap on the headphones, or lift up one earcup, or even worse, stretch out both earcups just so that they can be sure you're listening to them?

I mean, come on, I can take off my own headphones to talk to you. I feel like the kid in "Something about Mary" where he wouldn't let people touch his ears, and if you got near he would go ballistic.

Perhaps they don't realize that tapping on the earcups amplifies the sound and it's like a superloud TOCK TOCK direct into your ear. Perhaps they don't realize that when they stretch my earband I have fears of them overstretching and bending/cracking my headband.

Seriously, it's one of my few pet peeves. And okay, so maybe sometimes it's my fault that although I know they're there, I choose to ignore them because I don't want to talk to them. But really, the polite thing to do is to knock on my cubicle or something, or at least tap me on the shoulder or something. Sigh. Maybe I should just put up a sign that says "Please don't touch my headphones when I'm wearing them..."

Jan 29, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 26
Well at least they didn't get your attention this way.
eek.gif

http://movies.flabber.nl/Madonna.wannabe/

Jan 29, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by raif
One well placed smack to the underside of the ball sack and I guarantee it will never happen again. Trust me, I have done extensive testing.

eek.gif

You're brave.

Jan 29, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 26
One time someone pulled on my Ety's and I snapped at them saying they could damage my hearing. Just tap on my shoulder, please.

Oh, and that person was my boss.
eek.gif
He now sneaks up on me, and put's his hands on my shoulder, sometime's giving me that "manly" shoulder rub. I stopped wearing my Ety's at work.

I hate when people sneak up on me. My K1000's double as a radar array, I can sense people sneaking up on me a 100 ft away.
Plus, most people are scared of the K1000's. That is if they aren't laughing. If the radar doesn't work, the laughter is a dead giveaway that someone is behind me.

-Ed

Jan 30, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #7 of 26
My little brother tapped on the side of my wooden W1000. I almost made him cry...
mad.gif

Okay, I didn't almost make him cry, but at the time, if he would have cried, I wouldn't have felt bad.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 26
my dad just did that, and it took him like 2 seconds trying to ripit of my head, and i'm like trying to dodge it. i'm like What, i'm not deaf or something. headphone taught me to be more cautious while crossing the street.

that video was funny.

Jan 30, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 26
Oh man, I have an honest-to-goodness legacy for really going the extra mile to protect my headphones. I have nearly beaten the crap out of people when they touched my headphones, be it on my head or off...

I'm worse with my CDs though. Each and every one has to be perfectly straight in it's sleeve, or else I go on an OCD fueled rampage. People often, to mess with my head, will sneak into my case and slightly rotate a couple of CDs. Once, someone took every CD out of my 208 CD case and put them in backwards, with the bottom out. It took me a good half an hour to put them all in, and to my standards.

Jan 30, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #13 of 26
You know, why can't people just understand that people are the way they are instead of doing something stupid like that to mock you? Sigh. Poor Reeseboise. You should have turned the tides and seen how they like it by going to their desk and turning it inside out by dumping the contents of every drawer out on the ground.

It's like someone who knows you're allergic to nuts, and thinks it's funny to mix nuts into your food to watch you break out into hives... People can be so cruel...

Jan 30, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
Well at least they didn't get your attention this way.
eek.gif

http://movies.flabber.nl/Madonna.wannabe/

ROFLMOA
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I guess a tap on the headphones isn't quite as bad as that, but it's close.

I've snapped at a family member for tapping on my headphones, they never did that again. But what really pisses me off is when somebody touches my ears. For some reason I am very sensitive about that and it's a fast way to really make me go off.

Jan 30, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #15 of 26
Dude, I've had people walk into my room and just start poking my headphones. That's right. POKING THEM. I'm like "...okay, what are you doing." I guess people are so used to streetstyles and other crap that when they see a good pair of headphones they have to poke them to make sure they're real.

"YES, those pads are pleather. They are squishy. They are headphones. You can stop poking them now."

I won't even talk about people trying to put on my headphones. It really shouldn't be that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back