Don't mind me, just venting:
Jan 6, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 24
I think UPS sucks for two reasons

1) They delivered a package to my old apt complex yet could not produce the signature for it, was a huge hassle to get my money back from the stuff I ordered.

2) One time I bought some shoes online, and no one was home when UPS came, so they just left the package with my neighboor had him sign for it and all of that. Can you belive that crap? Luckly my neighboor was a honest person, but I know lots of peopel who dont get along with their neighboors.

I like fedex, and try to use them when I buy packages online, or airborne express is also good.

Jan 6, 2004 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 24
metal_monger,

Same deal happened with my (damaged) bike frame. Nobody was home, so the driver left it leaning on my garage door in full view of the road.

If it was a $5.99 banana hanger, then I wouldn't have given a crap, but this was a $1250 US item. I phoned UPS and complained, but they basically said "You got the package, right? What are you so mad about?"

Then, after I took a good look at the shipping container, that's when I noticed that it was partially caved in. Then I had a real crap-fit.

D.

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #18 of 24
I agree with what has been said--UPS is absolutely horrible.

I've been waiting on a package for three days (That is, the online tracking system has shown that it's been at my local UPS center for three days). I don't understand why they couldn't have delivered it two days ago.

Whenever I have shipping options I usually go for priority mail or FedEx.. UPS service is simply unacceptable.

Jan 6, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 24
Yeah, unlike USPS and FedEx, which will usually deliver a package as soon as possible... if UPS found that a package has arrived earlier than it was supposed to (like, ground shipping, but got there in 2 days instead of 5), they'll just hold it for a couple of extra days at the UPS center...

It's like, they're holding it and just laughing in your face, "You could've gotten this if you paid more money!"

What can Brown do for me?... hmm..

Jan 6, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #20 of 24
That's exactly what happened. The package had an "expected delivery date" of Jan. 6, but arrived early. So I guess they're just delivering it when I should've expeced it!

Unfortunately, I don't like UPS's logic and have chosen priority mail and FedEx for a while now... I recomend that others do the same when faced with multiple shipping options

Jan 6, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #21 of 24
I know how you feel. I just made my first proper head-fi purchase (pre-ordered the shure e3s last month), and I got a slip of paper in the mail yesterday saying I had a package waiting for me at the post office. But I don't have a car (I won't go into the recent car-destruction we've experienced that's lead to this), so I couldn't get it.
I was feeling rather impatient, but my father said he could pick it up on his way to work, meaning I could at least get it when he comes home around 7pm.
Except my mother "accidentally" picked up the slip of paper before she went to work. And she can't go to the post office because she promised my sister she would take her to the mall right after work. Which obviously is in the complete opposite direction from where we live.

If my mother hadn't taken the slip of paper, I could have perhaps walked to the post office (over an hour and a half's worth of walking, mind you - in scorching Australian Summer heat) and claimed it myself.
But as it stands, it means no earphones for me for several days. Very frustrating.

You have my sympathy. I just hope it hasn't arrived damaged.
I had to pay $35 US on shipping (!).

Jan 6, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #22 of 24
Wow, this thread seems to have touched a nerve. Fortunately, my situation didn't turn out as bad as many of yours did. I received an e-mail inviting me to claim my package yesterday afternoon, and I'm listening to my new V6s as we speak. Just thought I'd post an update.

Jan 6, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #23 of 24
Count me in among those that find UPS very poor. In my experience, USPS has been surprisingly reliable, fast, and safe, and FedEx has yet to dissapoint me as well.

Jan 7, 2004 at 1:46 PM Post #24 of 24
USPS is pretty good, because their service works most of the time, when they do fail to deilver a package or loose one, it gets horrible. I used to work for a agency that was contracted with USPS, and the time for getting your claims paid, takes for freaking ever. The good thing is that the number of packages lost by the USPS is very very small (compared to the HUGE amounts of mail they handle). Fed Ex and Airborne express have yet to fail me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back