Don't let a geek fix your computer
Oct 6, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 19
Boy is the CBC *way* behind the curve. This has been done before to test out the CE retailer's tech support.

All with the same erroneous diagnoses, useless upgrades, etc.

Solution? Empower yourself with knowledge. If it's too 'difficult' or 'technical' then well then you will have to place trust in salesmen.

I read one where the magazine purposefully snipped a bit of a parallel cable, undetectable unless the tech used his brain, and only one or two guys managed this feat of logic. I had a similar problem with an ide cable that had stopped working, and it took a good 30 minutes to consider this most simple of scenarios, heck even I was ready to buy a new drive!

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #18 of 19
These people aren't geeks, they're traditional scam artists. In my experience, most geeks are some of the most honest business people around. They're the ones who would refuse to take money for simple fixes or hesitate to charge market prices because they consider them unreasonable for the small amount of work involved.

Oct 6, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
easy. fix it yourself
wink.gif

But then that would make you a geek and you shouldn't let a geek fix your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back