Don't buy batteries from Bydusa.com!!!
Jan 27, 2003 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
What a jerk they are! I ordered 2 9V batteries from them before, and the wrap on the batteries just melted after only the 2nd full charge!! I asked for a refund and they start giving me this crap like...our batteries can't be at fault...so it must be your charger's fault! What! I've been trying to be nice to them...but this is enough. BOYCOTT THEM!!
Btw...here is what happened when I ask for a refund..
http://66.246.55.134/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50

<b>I just found out that they lock my thread!! This calls for blood!!! Please spread the word now!! What kind of business model they have?!! If they have the guts to set up a forum, they'd better have the integrity to do what's right for their customers!</b>

Feb 1, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 12
i hate to break it to you...but i'd be wary of your charger too...

Feb 1, 2003 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 12
The responses you are getting are very similar to the respnse I got from Sonic Blu Rio about batteries. The only difference is your guys are at least trying to sound intellegent. Do you get the feeling that they are not paying attention? Or just trying real hard to side step the issue?

I wish you luck. And thank you for the warning.

Feb 1, 2003 at 9:19 AM Post #5 of 12
Yeah, well, if I wanted to be a good store, I'd ask you to ship them back to me before I gave you a refund or sent you replacements...

Feb 10, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Luvya
What a jerk they are! I ordered 2 9V batteries from them before, and the wrap on the batteries just melted after only the 2nd full charge!! I asked for a refund and they start giving me this crap like...our batteries can't be at fault...so it must be your charger's fault! What! I've been trying to be nice to them...but this is enough. BOYCOTT THEM!!

Huh? Which charger are you using? Because many so-called rapid chargers can make those 9V batteries so hot that the wrapping will start melting away. Unlike AA and AAA rechargeables, 9V rechargeables simply cannot be quick-charged or rapid-charged without suffering from major problems. The maximum allowable input rate for 9V-size rechargeables is only high enough to charge those batteries in 7 hours.

Feb 10, 2003 at 7:08 AM Post #8 of 12
The way I understand it, he took the batteries out of the charger and they were fine. He placed them in the player and went to bed. The next morning the player didn't work, so he checked the batteries and found them all messed up.

How could that possibly be the chargers fault? Plus the stupid company tested some other batteries by charging them exactley as Luvya did and found no problems. That would prove that his batteries were defective, and not anything else. Yet they want to extrapolate that since several sets passed the test his should have to, and since his didn't, that his charger must be at fault. What a line of BS. They just proved that his charging method was correct, and that the batteries he has should have worked fine. But those batteries did not work fine because they were defective. And they were not even in the charger when they self destructed.

How hard can this be?

Feb 10, 2003 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 12
A good website for reporting good or malicious online retailers is www.resellerratings.com

It's used a bit more for computer parts, but it'd still be good to report it on there for EVERYONE on the internet to know
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Huh? Which charger are you using? Because many so-called rapid chargers can make those 9V batteries so hot that the wrapping will start melting away. Unlike AA and AAA rechargeables, 9V rechargeables simply cannot be quick-charged or rapid-charged without suffering from major problems. The maximum allowable input rate for 9V-size rechargeables is only high enough to charge those batteries in 7 hours.

Actually, I mentioned the charger model in the thread. It's V-power...model number forgot
frown.gif
And It's smart charger so I don't think it could overcharge. Btw, it did take 7 hours to charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back